Had starting while Wet??

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
The Bus Driver
Motorcycle: 2013 Honda F6B

Had starting while Wet??

Postby The Bus Driver » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:26 pm

I wanted to get on the site to ask if anyone has had a similar problem that occurred to me today with my 1998,1500 SE.The bike was outside most of the day while I was at work.This is Florida so it was very muggy,and it began raining mid-morning.When I went out to ride home at around 3P.M.the bike would not start.I used the choke,and tried again,no start...I let the bike sit 10 min.while I checked the main fuses.The fuses were OK.I let the bike sit another 10 min.and tried again,I heard a loud pop like a carb backfire,I stopped cranking,and let the bike sit another 10 min.tried again and the bike started...Just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem?..It should also be noted that I recently added a K&N air filter.Other than this incedent the bike has been running fine.Is something getting wet the would cause the problem to occur?.....any insight would be welcome....The Bus Driver--

lesherr89
Motorcycle: 1993 GL-1500A

Re: Had starting while Wet??

Postby lesherr89 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Had same problem on my 93 Aspencade but....charged the battery after turning it over many times and it fired right up. Buddy said was probably relays got wet. Runs fine now and I have been riding all week in the southern floods we have been having here in Alabama this week.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”