A few questions

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
GillesGLW
Motorcycle: 1989 GL 1500

A few questions

Postby GillesGLW » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:58 am

Greetings from Switzerland!

As winter will soon be here (again), I'm thinking on the way I can improve the 1500. I'm considering the "x-factor" from TorqMasterPipes.

Does anyone have them already? Any feedback to share with me? FYI I already have the daytona exhaust, excellent product.

Second question, I'm looking for driver floorboards. Again, did anyone try already to install them on a Goldwing? Any feedback to share?

Many thanks!!!
Gilles

Charlie1Horse
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade 4Sale soon
1992 GL1500I Interstate

Re: A few questions

Postby Charlie1Horse » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Can't speak for the pipes but, I bought a GL1500I two years ago that had floorboards and I didn't like them. I had to lift my foot up to access the shifter and brake pedals. This pushed my weight forward on the handlebars which I didn't like. They also brought my feet back too far (behind my knees) which was uncomfortable. With this style engine the floorboards have to mount too far back for comfort. The floor boards were nice for long highway rides but, in traffic they were impossible to get used to. Having to pick my foot up for the brake pedal took too much time for any anticipated panic stop so, I replaced them with standard pedals. I am now much happier. Just my $0.02
Russell

Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”