Some Questions about "New to Me" 1988 GW GL1500

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
FiDude
Motorcycle: 1988 Goldwing GL1500
1986 Goldwing GL1200A Aspencade
1984 Yamaha Venture Royale

Some Questions about "New to Me" 1988 GW GL1500

Post by FiDude » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Hello Everyone,
I typed this long list of questions and somehow lost the entire post while trying to add pics to my post - so starting over again - hopefully I can remember everything I typed before

I was visiting friends in the UP (MI) and happened to come across a 1988 GW GL1500 with a "For Sale" sign on the street near my friends house
I test rode the bike and had my friend (retired car mechanic but also a long time rider) look it over and eventually bought the bike

I have a few questions - Sorry it's a long list
Attaching pics pertaining to my questions

1. Is there more than one model for the 1988 Goldwings (GL1500 only or is there a Interstate, Aspencade, etc)
Mine is a GL1500 (per seller)

2. I read the mileage as 91K but the seller thinks it might have rolled over and it might actually be 109K

3. I test rode the bike in the neighborhood for about 20 miles (around the lake by their house) - I noticed a little wobble at low speeds specially at turns and also a little hesitation while trying to accelerate.
The seller thought there might be slight cupping in the front tire
A couple weeks before I saw/bought the bike the seller said his son left the bike outside the garage while working on his truck inside the garage and it rained heavily that day and the bike got thoroughly soaked and the bike wouldn't start after that.
He said he messed around with the ECU and felt the timing was off.
He "adjusted" something and got it started and it started everytime till I bought it.
I bought the bike on Sunday night and went back from Chicago to pick it up on Wednesday and it started right away
I brought the bike back (trailered) to Chicago on Thursday and it started fine
A couple days later went to go start it and it kept cranking but would not start till the battery died relatively quickly
Plugged in charger for about half an hour (not fully charged) and then it started ok - rode for a while, came back and plugged in charger again but it said it was fully charged - so guessing the charging on the bike is working ok
The next day and day after it started fine - skipped a couple days and tried to start with the same problem - charged for about 15 mins and it would start up - same issue for the next couple of days - but charge for a few mins and it would start up
I'm guessing the battery might be on it's last leg - am I correct in assuming that ?

4. The "neutral light" is highly visible at times, sometimes barely visible and other times not visible at all

5. The "side stand light" does not light up at all

6. The "cruise on" light does not light up at all - regardless of position of cruise switch

7. The "cruise set" light will light up when it engages - but it does not engage every time (no light either) - sometimes it engages and other times it does not

8. A few scuff marks here and there but overall in decent condition - one small crack in the bottom fairing above the shifter

9. A small rip in the seat by the seam - anyway to "patch" it easily - without having to replace the seat

10. CB "seems" to work but unable to confirm whether it works or not - tried communicating on Channel 19 but never got anything back - possibly the area I was in - don't know

11. Radio works fine but I don't know how to setup "fav" channels in memory - looking for any doc/manual that shows how to set that up

12. When I test rode the bike it idled at about 1k rpm, did the same thing after I got it back to Chicago for the first 20-30 miles and then it idles at about 2k rpm.
When the bike starts it idles around 1k but as soon as I accelerate it jumps up to 2k, but sometimes it might drop down to 1.5k and never goes back down to 1k till it "cools" down for a while and starts at 1k but the cycle repeats itself again as soon as I accelerate.
I don't know if something got disconnected or came loose while trailering it back to Chicago - I'm lost on this
I have run about 2 cans of "seafoam" in about 1000 miles or so that I have put on it after bringing the bike back to Chicago but still no difference

I have a 86 GL1200 Aspy that does a similar thing - starts at 980 rpm when started and can go up as high as 1240 rpm after riding for a while but never higher than that (digital dash so easy to tell)

13. When I went to go pick up the bike I noticed a few drops of coolant on the floor under the bike - seller said he never noticed any leaks before
I've seen the same thing in my garage as well when the bike sits for a couple of days - but no visible leaks anywhere that I can see

Hopefully I covered everything that I had in my original msg - will add to this if I remember something else that I forgot

I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on my issues mentioned above
Unable to add more pics (is there a limit to how many pics can be added to one post)

Also if anybody in the Chicagoland area who are familiar with GL1500 and wouldn't mind giving it a once over (in person) for me in case I missed something would be greatly appreciated

MikeB
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade.
2003 - GL1800A

Re: Some Questions about "New to Me" 1988 GW GL1500

Post by MikeB » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:05 pm

FiDude wrote: 1. Is there more than one model for the 1988 Goldwings (GL1500 only or is there a Interstate, Aspencade, etc)
Mine is a GL1500 (per seller)
Nope, just one version of the Goldwing in 1988.
FiDude wrote:2. I read the mileage as 91K but the seller thinks it might have rolled over and it might actually be 109K
If it had 191,775 miles it would indicate 191,775. All the digits are on the Odometer. In your picture it shows 091775
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

MikeB
2003 - GL1800A

Post by MikeB » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:22 pm

FiDude wrote: 3. I test rode the bike in the neighborhood for about 20 miles (around the lake by their house) - I noticed a little wobble at low speeds specially at turns and also a little hesitation while trying to accelerate. The seller thought there might be slight cupping in the front tire.
A wobble between 35 and 45 mph is a problem that all wings share at times. Sometimes it is the tires and sometimes it is a slightly loose head bearing and sometimes it just is totally elusive but it is not something that I would worry about.
FiDude wrote: A couple weeks before I saw/bought the bike the seller said his son left the bike outside the garage while working on his truck inside the garage and it rained heavily that day and the bike got thoroughly soaked and the bike wouldn't start after that.
He said he messed around with the ECU and felt the timing was off. He "adjusted" something and got it started and it started everytime till I bought it.
I bought the bike on Sunday night and went back from Chicago to pick it up on Wednesday and it started right away
I brought the bike back (trailered) to Chicago on Thursday and it started fine
A couple days later went to go start it and it kept cranking but would not start till the battery died relatively quickly
Plugged in charger for about half an hour (not fully charged) and then it started ok - rode for a while, came back and plugged in charger again but it said it was fully charged - so guessing the charging on the bike is working ok
The next day and day after it started fine - skipped a couple days and tried to start with the same problem - charged for about 15 mins and it would start up - same issue for the next couple of days - but charge for a few mins and it would start up
I'm guessing the battery might be on it's last leg - am I correct in assuming that ?

I doubt that the timing would be off unless the previous owner replaced the timing belts and skipped a tooth in the process. I also doubt that anything he would do to the ECU had any effect on how it started. Personally, I'd suspect the battery is weak and in need of replacement. The Goldwing is very power hungry on start. If the battery voltage drops blow 10 volts while cranking, there will not be sufficient current to power the ignition.
FiDude wrote: 4. The "neutral light" is highly visible at times, sometimes barely visible and other times not visible at all

5. The "side stand light" does not light up at all

6. The "cruise on" light does not light up at all - regardless of position of cruise switch

7. The "cruise set" light will light up when it engages - but it does not engage every time (no light either) - sometimes it engages and other times it does not

The lamps may just need replacing.
FiDude wrote: 8. A few scuff marks here and there but overall in decent condition - one small crack in the bottom fairing above the shifter

9. A small rip in the seat by the seam - anyway to "patch" it easily - without having to replace the seat

The seat is vinyl and unless you know how to permanently repair vinyl seats (I don't) I'd say find a replacement on Ebay.
FiDude wrote: 10. CB "seems" to work but unable to confirm whether it works or not - tried communicating on Channel 19 but never got anything back - possibly the area I was in - don't know
You will just have to find someone with a CB to do a decent operational test.
FiDude wrote: 11. Radio works fine but I don't know how to setup "fav" channels in memory - looking for any doc/manual that shows how to set that up
I'd suggest finding an Owners Manual online and looking through it. If I had your email I could send you a PDF copy.
FiDude wrote: 12. When I test rode the bike it idled at about 1k rpm, did the same thing after I got it back to Chicago for the first 20-30 miles and then it idles at about 2k rpm.
When the bike starts it idles around 1k but as soon as I accelerate it jumps up to 2k, but sometimes it might drop down to 1.5k and never goes back down to 1k till it "cools" down for a while and starts at 1k but the cycle repeats itself again as soon as I accelerate.
I don't know if something got disconnected or came loose while trailering it back to Chicago - I'm lost on this
I have run about 2 cans of "seafoam" in about 1000 miles or so that I have put on it after bringing the bike back to Chicago but still no difference
The fluctuating idle may be caused by old cracked vacuum hoses. As there are lots of vacuum lines, you will have to investigate to figure that out as it is not really possible to say exactly where to look specifically but above the left head as a good place to start.
FiDude wrote: 13. When I went to go pick up the bike I noticed a few drops of coolant on the floor under the bike - seller said he never noticed any leaks before
I've seen the same thing in my garage as well when the bike sits for a couple of days - but no visible leaks anywhere that I can see
That particular answer is not atypical. Why would he want to jeopardize a sale? Anyway, you will have to locate the leak. If it was from the left front, it may be the water pump leaking from the weep hole which would indicate water pump replacement is needed. If the bike has a belly pan, aftermarket full aluminum sheet covering the bottom of the engine, it will have to be removed so you can look for the leak. Hopefully the leak is from the water pump.
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

FiDude

Post by FiDude » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks for the reply MikeB
I have some more questions or clarifications

The PO said he changed the oil, oil and air filters and plugs and nothing else

Tires - any recommendations - I know everybody has preferences - but looking for any suggestions that seem to work best in the midwest

Is it easy to replace the lamps - are they regular bulbs or leds

What would cause the cruise to engage sometimes and not other times - eg: it engages and I use it but when I have to slow down or stop and then try to re-engage it - it will not engage and sometimes if I try again in a few minutes it "might" engage

Is the side stand (when it is down) supposed to shut off the engine when gear is engaged (my Yamaha Venture does that - but both my 1200A and GL1500 do not)

Is it worth replacing battery now or wait till next riding season as the current season is coming to an end (atleast here in the Chicagoland area) - but looks like we might still have a few more good days to ride

Idle was fine before (I let it idle for about 30 minutes while in MI) I brought it back to Chicago and also was fine for the first 20-30 miles after I brought it back and then it jumped up to the 2k - wondering if altitude might have something to do with it (from Upper MI to IL)

MikeB
2003 - GL1800A

Post by MikeB » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:40 pm

FiDude wrote:I have some more questions or clarifications

The PO said he changed the oil, oil and air filters and plugs and nothing else
Tires - any recommendations - I know everybody has preferences - but looking for any suggestions that seem to work best in the midwest.
I use Avon tires but just about any tire you use will be okay. I personally stay away from Bridgestone, Shinko and Metzler due to negative experiences with each. The Dunlop E3 or E4 tires are good too, they are just kind of difficult to mount. I mount my own tires and the Dunlop have pretty stiff sidewalls making it less than fun to do the job but give you a slight edge in safe riding when you pick up something and the tire goes flat. A stiffer sidewall will stay on the wheel better and hopefully give you better control until you get it stopped.
FiDude wrote:Is it easy to replace the lamps - are they regular bulbs or leds.
The lamps you are talking abut are fairly easy to replace. The are 168 bulbs but the 194 or 194LL work very well as substitutes.
This will tell you how to disassemble the dash IF you are of a mind to viewtopic.php?f=14&t=851. But you can remove the crescent shaped fork tunnel plastic pieces on either side of the forks and access the lights from under and behind the dash without removing much else. The light sockets are rubber/vinyl. I don't know what they are made of exactly but sure feel like soft vinyl. They are a friction fit in the rear of the dash panel. When removing, do NOT pull on the wires. Pull on the plastic socket itself.
FiDude wrote:What would cause the cruise to engage sometimes and not other times - eg: it engages and I use it but when I have to slow down or stop and then try to re-engage it - it will not engage and sometimes if I try again in a few minutes it "might" engage.
There are Cruise Disengage switches on the Brake lever, Clutch Lever and Foot brake lever. If they are not working properly, they will prevent the Cruise from engaging.
Pull on the Brake lever slightly, you should hear a slight click. Let the lever out and you will hear it click again. Do the same with the clutch lever and you should get the same result. If the levers do not return fully there will be no 'click' and the Cruise will not re-engage. The brake cruise switch is separate from the brake light switch so you can't assume that since the brake lights work, the cruise switch should work too. You will have to inspect that one physically and electrically with an Ohm meter to make sure it is good.
Speaking of levers, if you have trouble getting the bike to turn over while in any gear, the side stand up and the clutch lever pulled in, it will more than likely be because of the after market thick hand grips you have installed. There is a second switch on the Clutch which engages when the Clutch lever is pulled in all the way. You should hear a click when you pull the Clutch lever all the way to the hand grip. If not, the hand grip or the lever bushing needs to be looked at as the possible culprit.
FiDude wrote:Is the side stand (when it is down) supposed to shut off the engine when gear is engaged (my Yamaha Venture does that - but both my 1200A and GL1500 do not)
The GL1200 does not have a side stand switch, that is why there is a small rubber 'finger' on the end off the sidestand. That was so if you mistakenly left it down and went left around the corner, the little rubber finger was supposed to catch the ground and flip the side stand up instead of launch you into the next lane or down the mountain side.
The GL1500 has a side stand switch. The switch is what operates the side stand light and prevents the engine from cranking when the side stand is down and you have the transmission in gear. One of the previous owners may have removed and by-passed the switch or the switch is defective.
FiDude wrote:Is it worth replacing battery now or wait till next riding season as the current season is coming to an end (atleast here in the Chicagoland area) - but looks like we might still have a few more good days to ride.
That is your preference but you will need a Float Charger down the road anyway. The Battery Tender is an excellent float charger and a good investment. I use them all the time on my batteries. I've never had a battery fail to start my motorcycles as long as I used the battery tender when the motorcycle is parked for any length of time.
FiDude wrote:Idle was fine before (I let it idle for about 30 minutes while in MI) I brought it back to Chicago and also was fine for the first 20-30 miles after I brought it back and then it jumped up to the 2k - wondering if altitude might have something to do with it (from Upper MI to IL)
I really doubt that altitude has anything to do with it at all. Check the vacuum hoses and keep running the Seafoam in every tank. If it is not the hoses, the Seafoam may well take care of the issue but be preparred to replace some of the vacuum hoses.

One caveat.. keep in mind that all of this is off the top of my head and may not be 100% accurate. It is just what I remember from working on my GL1500 and those of my friends.
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

MikeB
2003 - GL1800A

Post by MikeB » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am

I did omit something that is important in the diagnosis of the handlebar lever and foot switches.
FiDude wrote:What would cause the cruise to engage sometimes and not other times - eg: it engages and I use it but when I have to slow down or stop and then try to re-engage it - it will not engage and sometimes if I try again in a few minutes it "might" engage.
There are Cruise eisengage switches on the Brake lever, Clutch Lever and Foot brake lever. If they are not working properly, they will prevent the Cruise from engaging or disengaging with lever/pedal activation.

Pull on the Brake lever slightly, both the The FOOT brake cruise switch and the HAND brake cruise switches are separate from the brake light switches. When you pull in the brake lever, you should hear TWO distinct and separate clicks. Let the lever out and you will hear TWO clicks again. One of the switches is for the brake lights and the other is for the cruise control. You can't assume that since the brake lights work, the cruise switch should work too. You will have to inspect the foot brake switch. I don't think you can hear it actuating since it is a plunger style switch.

As to the clutch lever, there are also two switches. The first to activate is the Cruise switch which should click just as you start to pull the lever and then click again when you fully release the lever. The second is activated when the lever is pulled all the way in. That is the switch that allows the engine to crank when the transmission is in gear and the side stand is up.

I hope all of this will help.
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

virgilmobile
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
Previously owned
78 GL1000
81 GL1100
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I

Post by virgilmobile » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:11 am

Just a add on about the cruise switches.
There's another one.Its attached to the left carb.Just twisting the throttle all the way back will shut the cruise off

MikeB
2003 - GL1800A

Post by MikeB » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:41 am

That one is tough to get to but fortunately it seems to have a very low failure rate.
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Post by OldZX11Rider » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:47 am

Not a mechanic, but that is a nice looking bike and none of its problems seem to be terribly bad.
One of the things I have learned on here is, if you don't know when the timing belts were last changed, it's time to change them. ;)
Don't know if anyone's already mentioned that or not.
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

FiDude

Post by FiDude » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Thanks for the additional suggestions

I'll check the switches mentioned and post back as to what I find

The seller I got it from got the bike from someone else last year in March -
so no history known other than what he mentioned to me

I kinda figured I'd have to do the timing belts as I have no idea when they were done last

spiralout
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 (gone)
1980 GL1100I (with '77 1000 engine)
1996 GL1500 SE

Post by spiralout » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:17 pm

FiDude wrote:
12. When I test rode the bike it idled at about 1k rpm, did the same thing after I got it back to Chicago for the first 20-30 miles and then it idles at about 2k rpm.
Have you tried adjusting the idle back down once it's up to temp to see how it does? Idle it down until it starts to stumble then back up to about 850 or so.

Charlie1Horse
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade
1992 GL1500I Interstate

Post by Charlie1Horse » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:23 pm

That is a One Million Mile odometer so if it has gone around once it would have 1,091,775 miles. I have not seen any that have gone to the One Million Mile mark.
Russell

Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.

aj1500
Motorcycle: 97 1500 SE
Motorvation II sidecar
Double Dark Side # 1522
Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16
PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18
USCA# 8913

Post by aj1500 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:45 am

on the cruise engaging sometimes and sometimes not, I would suggest replacing both of your sub air filters. you have to remove the side panels to get to them but one is for the cruise and can cause what your seeing,I think they are on the right side
also couple other things, on the left side behind the panel with the chrome piece there are 2 little hoses with plugs at the bottom just hanging there, should be in a bracket,pull the plugs out and drain them then put the plugs back in
if you can't confirm the belts were replaced either do it or get it done soon
if your fairly handy you can remove the seat and remove the cover, then you can iron in a patch on the underside of the seat cover to fix the tear. this is only a temp repair but will stop it from getting worse.I have a patch in mine I did that is going on a year old now and still holding good. I would say replace the battery, it will only get worse as already mentioned the Wings are Power hungry when cranking
are you using the enrich to start and warm up the bike, does it work properly
try warming up the bike to full normal temp,then using the little idle adjuster knob at the gas fill adjust it to about 850
rpm. then let it cool and see if you have trouble getting it to start and warm up
if this doesn't work then you most likely have vacume leaks somewhere
that is a good looking bike, I loved my 88, I think it rode and handled better than my 97 I have now
I hope you get it sorted out and have many happy miles riding

FiDude

Post by FiDude » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 am

Aj1500
I'm looking for the adjuster knob by the gas fill that you mention
I can't seem to find it
I'm attaching pic
If you could point me in the right direction that would be great
Thanks

The "knob" that is visible in the pic is something that is "plugged" into a "hose" - no idea what that is for

spiralout
1996 GL1500 SE

Post by spiralout » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:28 pm

That's your idle adjuster. It's cable has a sheath around it. Idle it down then back up to normal.

MikeB
2003 - GL1800A

Post by MikeB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:51 pm

It may be hard to turn. The cable may have rusted in its sheath.

MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

spiralout
1996 GL1500 SE

Post by spiralout » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:28 am

MikeB wrote:It may be hard to turn. The cable may have rusted in its sheath.
The sheath should turn with the cable. If it's hard to turn, you can try to spray some penetrating oil on the where the idle stop screw is down by the bellcrank

FiDude

Post by FiDude » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:11 am

Thanks to all for suggestions
Working through list one thing at a time
Thought I would provide an update on the progress

I thought that knob was something someone had used to "plug" a hose - lol
Never thought it was an adjustment knob - Now I know - learning new things everyday
I did as recommended - warmed it up and when it was idling at 2k rpm - lowered it down to under 1k rpm
rode the bike for a lil bit and it went up to 1k but never really went beyond that while idling

The next day rode the bike for about 200 miles and other than a minor surge to about 1100-1200 rpm it pretty much stayed around 1000 rpm
Most of the time it stayed around the 1k mark
Felt much better not having to wonder what the neighboring vehicle driver/rider was thinking hearing the bike idling at 2k while at a traffic light - lol

Also checked on the "clicks" on the front brake and clutch lever and they match as listed - 2 clicks on both
One thing I noticed on cruise activation - could be coincidence - can't tell
As mentioned before the cruise would activate sometimes but not others
Yesterday while riding I was trying things out -
when cruise wouldn't activate - I'd push "out" on the brake lever (even though it was already completely out and couldn't move out anymore)
the cruise would activate - maybe 50-60% of the time
Either lever would disengage the cruise on the initial click when levers were pulled "in"
along with rear brake pedal as well as rolling the accelerator "back" as mentioned

Will update more as I progress through the list

spiralout
1996 GL1500 SE

Post by spiralout » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:22 am

Cool. Try this. Ride it for a while to get it completely up to temp, not just idling in the driveway, then lower the idle way down until it starts to stumble then adjust it back up to 750-850 rpm and see if that gets rid of the surge completely.

FiDude

Post by FiDude » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:12 pm

OK
Will try to do that later today if I can get out of work early
Still decent riding (surprisingly) weather here in Chicago

MikeB
2003 - GL1800A

Post by MikeB » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Check the pivot bushing on the Clutch lever too. That bushing wears and the inside diameter gets oblong and can cause issues with the switch activation.
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

SmartBiker
Motorcycle: 1995 gl 1500 se

Post by SmartBiker » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:50 pm

Fi, im in chicago, southeast side. let me know, i may be able to help, or go riding with you. 773 469 2932. where are you located? you doing toys for tots this sunday?

captdecker
Motorcycle: 89 Gl1500
2006 GL1800HPN ABS
Kemp Kamp trailer

Post by captdecker » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:36 am

I my 89 Gl1500 when I start it. I try for about two sec if starts great if not pull on choke ( do not turn troble (gas) as RPM come up (running) take choke down to idle. Best way I've found to start it and let it warm up.

When you changes the timing belts you may wish to put in a advance trigger wheel. I did and iridium plugs one range hot. Get better MPG on prem gas. Around 50 MPG.

On the wobble look in to getting a Blackwing brace for the forks.
I sure enjoyed mine got with 40,000 miles now 6 years later has 142,000 on it. I have now moved up to an 06 GL1800 with heat and ABS got in Feb with 40,000 now already 55,000 . What can I say I like to ride.

When you let go of brake and clutch levers do they go all the way out? If not you can loosen the bolt so that they will. ( its a bit touchy in getting it set not being to tight )

On tires I like the feel and wear of the K177. Check brake pads when you put the new tires on. Look in the master cly if cloudy changes and bleed the sys's. Easy way take paper towel to pull out old fluid the n fill with new and bleed till clean fluid comes out on brake cly and clutch. (there front and read brake master cly.

So enjoy your bike with a bit of care will run a long time.
Verne

FiDude

Post by FiDude » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:09 pm

SmartBiker wrote:Fi, im in chicago, southeast side. let me know, i may be able to help, or go riding with you. 773 469 2932. where are you located? you doing toys for tots this sunday?
Hi, I'm in the western suburbs (near I-355 and IL-64)
I'm sure I can use all the help I can get
I've done the Toys for Tots ride the past few years
The past few years it hasn't snowed or rained on the TfT ride day
but this year I'm a little hesitant as they are predicting snow and rain and colder than usual (on the ride day)

Are you going for the ride ?

rick457
Motorcycle: 1989 GL1500k Goldwing

Post by rick457 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:18 pm

I own a 89 Wing, keep running the seafoam every tank, my wing sat for four years and it's doing good on the seafoam, as for tires I use the Dunlops , definitely change the timing belt right away. There's still a lot of riding Left in her