Cornering Lights Installation

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing GL1500 Aspencade

Cornering Lights Installation

Postby zds0377 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:34 pm

I have a '97 Aspencade that I just purchased. This is my first 'Wing so I have much to learn. As you know, the Aspencade does not come with corning lights. A friend gave me some and I installed them this weekend, but they are not working. I had no problem with the cut-outs and mounting. There are 2 connectors on the bike's wiring harness - 1 large and 1 small. The connector on the light plugged right in to the smaller wiring harness connector. However, when I started the bike, they did not come one; they also do not work with the blinkers. Is there a relay that I have to plug in to get these cornering lights working? I read the topics regarding fog lights, which is what I really prefer. Does anyone make a fog light that will work in the fairing cutout? If so, what wiring changes do I need to make? Do you recommend running them at all times or have them on a separate toggle switch? Thanks in advance for your help.

Motorcycle: 1985 gl1200a

Re: Cornering Lights Installation

Postby dan1951 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:29 am

Hi, I had a 95 gl1500 that I sold. I installed cornering lights on it. The kit came with two small pigtail harness wirings as I remember they where very short in length with a module box on each one. One end plugged into the bike and the other into the light, They only operated when the turn signals were activated, See if Your friend has these parts laying around. As for fog lights I do not know of any, Check with a Dennis Kirk catalog there might be something new out. Good Luck.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”