sat radio input ?????

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
MIAH
Motorcycle: 1999 GL 1500 SE
"DARKSIDED"
OVER 700 LEDS

sat radio input ?????

Postby MIAH » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:44 am

Hello I'm new here and have a question , are there inputs for aftermarket add ons to the stereo ?
has anyone replaced the oem stereo on a 99 gl1500se ?? what with ????
or has anyone integrated an aftermarket stereo into the oem system, i.e. amplifiers , sat radio ?
at one time I was into high end car stereo many years ago .
has anyone completely bypassed the oem stereo and add their own system ? any suggestions ??? HELP !!!! JERRY.

2 COR. 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, behold the new has come."

Everything is owned by GOD, and distributed by HIM, to be managed by us for a very brief time !!!

BikerGuy
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Re: sat radio input ?????

Postby BikerGuy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:33 pm

On a car radio, the knobs and buttons are on the narrow sides of the radio. On a Goldwing radio, the buttons are on the large side so therefore, it would be like putting the button on top of a car radio, if you get my drift!

Also, a car radio would not be weather proof!

You can mod the radio to be able to plug in accessories like mp3 players or sat radio. Check this out http://www.sheriart.net/honda/

BikerGuy
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Postby BikerGuy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Found my post how to fix the cassette adopter and am posting it here too... FYI!

I bought a cassette adapter at a dollar store for about 5 bucks.

The problem with cassette adapters, no matter where you buy them, is that because the cassette player is auto reverse, it keeps changing directions and then the mp3 player can't get through to the radio. There is a way to overcome this.

If you open up the cassette adapter, you'll see a gear wheel by the head of the adapter where you would normally find a tape if it were a cassette tape. Remove that wheel. Put it back together and you will never have a problem again with the radio auto reversing constantly by itself.

I have bought adapters from WalMart, KMart, Radio Shack and they all do the same thing... they all screw up and that's why. You have to remove the gear wheel... I'm very happy with the cheap one from the dollar store. It plays clearly... I got it at Dollar General.

ghaywood
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500SE

Postby ghaywood » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Thankyou jmeklin.

I also bought the adapter and was wondering what was going on with.

Best regards

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”