Solved - Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?


Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
thornev
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500SE

Solved - Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby thornev » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:24 am



I have the stock intercom and CB on my bike, but, while there is a 5-pin plug HOLDER for the passenger, there is no plug into which a passenger would connect a headset to the bike's audio system. Where would I find the wiring harness on the bike to which I can attach the necessary cables for the passenger? I've read there is a connector under the seat? If someone can point me to installation instructions and parts required, that would be most appreciated. I'm interested in having an audio controller for the passenger so the passenger can press a button to talk on the CB and control audio volume. Thanks.


Last edited by thornev on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
detdrbuzzard
Posts: 920
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:54 am
Location: 42.23/83.33/636
Motorcycle: '84 aspencade,'93se
'75750.'79750/9k
'79 750f.'85450sc
'06 st1300a

Re: Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby detdrbuzzard » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:03 pm

you have the holder and no plug? did the po put it under the seat? mine is at the dealer for bank angle sensor replacement ( under warranty ) so i cannot go out and look at mine for you
'99 ST1100, '93 se
'75 cb750k, '79 cb 750f, '79 cb750 superK
cb 450sc, sunL70
'06 st1300a
.... william

User avatar
thornev
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500SE

Re: Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby thornev » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:52 am

I guess I'll have to remove the seat to see what I've got. If there is no headset plug I guess I'll have to buy something like this:
http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/30_J ... s%2Fmfg%2F
and also this:
http://www.chrischrome.com/ProductDetai ... Code=88203
to achieve my goal although some web sites state that the former item does not work with the J&M Elite headset which is what I have and what I'd want my passenger to have.

User avatar
tfdeputydawg
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
Location: Indianapolis, In.
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby tfdeputydawg » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:41 am

thornev wrote:I guess I'll have to remove the seat to see what I've got. If there is no headset plug I guess I'll have to buy something like this:
http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/30_J ... s%2Fmfg%2F
If you buy the above only-you will still have no place to plug in a head set! You also need: rear headset connector, part #
39245-MT2-010 (this is the OEM headset harness that should have been on your bike

and also this:
http://www.chrischrome.com/ProductDetai ... Code=88203
If you get this you do not need the above item you listed, nor the part I advised you of.

A good contact for you to ask about what you need is: http://www.sierra-mc.com/

User avatar
thornev
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500SE

Re: Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby thornev » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks, tfdeputydawg. Looks like if I get the OEM passenger headset harness, then I can buy the headset controller I want. I'll verify with sierra-mc.

User avatar
thornev
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500SE

Re: Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby thornev » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 am

Well, I removed the seat and guess what I found ? The passenger headset harness and plug ! Yay. I guess the PO didn't want his/her passenger to talk...LOL.

furnacedoc
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: wakarusa,in
Motorcycle: 1981 suzuki GS850
1997 1500SE gold wing

Re: Solved - Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby furnacedoc » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Hello, I have a "97" wing and there is a button on the right side passenger pocket that when press allows them to talk on the cb. see ya on the road

User avatar
thornev
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500SE

Re: Solved - Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby thornev » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:41 pm

furnacedoc wrote:Hello, I have a "97" wing and there is a button on the right side passenger pocket that when press allows them to talk on the cb. see ya on the road

Must not be a feature on the '93.

rbrugioni
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 am
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Motorcycle: 1993 Interstate 1500

Re: Solved - Passenger headset plug on '93 GL1500 SE ?

Postby rbrugioni » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:25 am

thornev wrote:I have the stock intercom and CB on my bike, but, while there is a 5-pin plug HOLDER for the passenger, there is no plug into which a passenger would connect a headset to the bike's audio system. Where would I find the wiring harness on the bike to which I can attach the necessary cables for the passenger? I've read there is a connector under the seat? If someone can point me to installation instructions and parts required, that would be most appreciated. I'm interested in having an audio controller for the passenger so the passenger can press a button to talk on the CB and control audio volume. Thanks.


Nice bike, very similiar to mine.




Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GlimWas, MSNbot Media [Bot], Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 5 guests