Cockpit restoration

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
webaillargeon
Motorcycle: 1995 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Cockpit restoration

Postby webaillargeon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi, I'm new to the Goldwing. I recently purchased a 1995 GL1500 Aspencade. The person i purchased it from had the bike repainted, but the cockpit looks a little bad and could use some care. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or starting points. My plan is too strip all the plastic parts off the console, lightly sand and re-paint them with a plastic paint. Some of the light bulbs in the dash and radio are a little dim and need to be replaced as well. The clutch and brake levers need replacing and some of the bolts and screws need to be replaced. The clutch and brake reservoirs look bad as well. Any thoughts, advice or suggestions on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis613l
Motorcycle: 1988 gl1500

Re: Cockpit restoration

Postby Dennis613l » Wed May 11, 2011 5:52 pm

Depending on the weathering,there are a few different dash kit manufacturers.

http://www.exoticwooddashkits.com/search.php

For bulbs, if you happen to be touching up your headlights with one of those refinishing kits, could probably do the bike too.

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: Cockpit restoration

Postby trike lady » Wed May 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Fancy dash for your Wing, you may want to look into Wing Bling www.mywingbling.com
If you paint the dash to match the bike you may want to sand it down and get rid of the texture.
Levers, master cylinder covers and etc can be gotten from aftermarket suppliers.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”