Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:45 am
- Location: Green Bay Wisconsin
- Motorcycle: 1996 goldwing gl1500
I have a 1996 interstate. I recently went to have the seals replaced and found out the tubes have damaged chrome on them. Therefore I must replace them. What years can I replace them with. Or is there a better way or cheaper one to do this.
- Posts: 1856
- Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am
- Location: Plano, TX
- Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500
I do not know which forks can be used to replace yours, but there are several places that will straighten/repair and re-chrome your forks. They basically take the stanchion (the top chrome part of the fork) and check they are straight, then they grind of the old chrome and deposit several metals (Copper, etc) and finally rechrome them to return them to as new condition. I would suggest looking for a re-chroming comp[any in your area and get them to take a look at your forks and see what they say..
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: texwing and 5 guests