Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:14 am
- Location: Rowlett, TX
- Motorcycle: 1989 Goldwing 1500, Blue
There is a knob on my 88 wing that I cant figure out what it is. Its just below the ignition and the goldwing emblem to the left side. It turns but I dont know what it is. My local Honda shop had no clue.
- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am
- Location: Plano, TX
- Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500
I think you need to look at what is connected to the underside of the knob.. It is not a standard Honda part (or your honda shop would know what it is) follow whatever is connected underneath and see where it goes, then we might be able to help you. I am guessing it is something that a previous owner has added, so it could be a headlight adjuster, an additional volume control, almost anything.. Until you tell us where it goes or what it connects to we cannot really give any useful advice..
- trike lady
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 pm
- Location: Butler, PA
- Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate (Sold)
There's a possibility it may be for a set of after-market rear speakers and is a fader control.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 am
- Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire, U.K.
- Motorcycle: 1988, GL1500,
The one on my 88 is the front/rear speaker fader. If you turn the radio on and turn it you should find that the front speakers will fade out leaving the rear speakers on and vice versa when turned in the opposite direction. When it is in a central position the volume is balanced and should be the same at the front and rear. Pete.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests