Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 pm
- Location: Carrollton, Ga.
- Motorcycle: 1998 Goldwing SE
Dont the turn angle sensor setfort the cancellation of the turn signal after a turn? Atleaast that is whats in my mind. It's old and feeble wwith a few screws lost.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:24 am
- Location: Oconto Falls, Wisconsin
- Motorcycle: 96 Interstate 1500
The bank angle sensor should be under the trunk, and if you go past 49-deg on a turn it shuts off the fuel pump. The auto turn cancel is on the steering head.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500
The "Bank Angle Sensor" shuts off the fuel/engine in the event that the bike "goes down." This device was the subject of a recall in June of 1995 that applied to production years 1988-1993. The problem was that the original sensor could lose its "damping" fluid and the engine would/did shut off during hard cornering...try to recover from that one, it's like locking the rear wheel when you're heeled over hard in turn.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests