Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 pm
- Location: Carrollton, Ga.
- Motorcycle: 1998 Goldwing SE
Dont the turn angle sensor setfort the cancellation of the turn signal after a turn? Atleaast that is whats in my mind. It's old and feeble wwith a few screws lost.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:24 am
- Location: Oconto Falls, Wisconsin
- Motorcycle: 96 Interstate 1500
The bank angle sensor should be under the trunk, and if you go past 49-deg on a turn it shuts off the fuel pump. The auto turn cancel is on the steering head.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500
The "Bank Angle Sensor" shuts off the fuel/engine in the event that the bike "goes down." This device was the subject of a recall in June of 1995 that applied to production years 1988-1993. The problem was that the original sensor could lose its "damping" fluid and the engine would/did shut off during hard cornering...try to recover from that one, it's like locking the rear wheel when you're heeled over hard in turn.