antenna and arm rest brackets?

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
faithtalker1
Motorcycle: GL1500se

antenna and arm rest brackets?

Postby faithtalker1 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok So I am washing and waxing the bike getting ready for a 5-6 day trip, did all may maintenance checks, and while checking everything out I find that one of my armrest/antenna brackets is loose. I lifted the trunk assuming I would find the bolts that hold this on and I did, however I cannot seem to get to the one on the bottom and the one on the top won't seem to tighten any more even though it appears to be loose from the outside. I was going to try and get the whole thing off and inspect the bolts and what not to make sure they are not stripped. The top bolt appears to be tight when you try and tighten it, not just spinning or nothing and doesn't look like a ratchet and socket will get into this to tighten or loosen the bottom one to take it off, am I missing something? Another way to get to it or something. It is on the right rear while sitting on the bike if that makes a difference.

faithtalker1
Motorcycle: GL1500se

Re: antenna and arm rest brackets?

Postby faithtalker1 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:23 pm

I figured it out had to take the rear cup holder/compartment off. Duhhh So I was looking around and noticing though also that I have some light pitting in the wheels, 0000 steel wool? and then polish or a heavy duty rubbing compound? Then polish? And on the motor housing som pretty heavy pitting? So 00 steel wool there maybe? then heavy compound, then polish? I know it should probably be a three to four stage process, but if anyone has some suggestions to make a little easier I would appreciate the knowledge.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”