relay 2 ? where is it

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
tugwilson145
Motorcycle: gl1500 goldwing

relay 2 ? where is it

Postby tugwilson145 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:24 pm

hello everyone...
yes I back again to work on this dame cruise control I have on my gl1500 1988 model.
I have done the clutch and the cruise control value checks...ok on both
power to the unit is also ok...
now the next part refers to as noted below

Throttle, Front and rear brake switches
The next bit needs a little explanation so you are aware of whats going on. The throttle, Front and rear brake switches are wired in series this means we can test all of them at once, these switches are the safety circuit which holds in relay 2 (the cruise set relay) which applies the live feed to the vacuum solenoids.

I have looked on my manual and have not being able to find any notes on where RELAY 2 is. can anyone help.
also the position relay, is a 10a-12v unit, i did the same test, as per the crusies control relay and have notice that when connected to 12v and then tested, there was no resistant noted on my meter

so what does this relay do...
i was wondering that the postion relay has something to do with the 4/5 gear switch
and its not working, that could explain why my cruise control is also not working.
any help would be appreciated
thanks
bye

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: relay 2 ? where is it

Postby trike lady » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Relay 2 is in the relay box on the left side of the bike next to the fuse box. Relay 2 is on the top row and is in the center of that row and yes the gear position switch which 4th and OD are part of the cruise system may not be working right.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”