Clutch Failure

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade

Clutch Failure

Postby novice » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:14 pm

For whatever reason my clutch master cylinder ran dry of brake fluid. I just bought the machine and didn't
see any fluid on the garage floor. However I did notice trouble in shifting. I filled the resourvour and bleed
the line and if still does not work. Is it possible there is a piston in the resourvour that is stuck. I try reading
the repair manual but it is not specific. Any suggestions?

Motorcycle: 13 F6B
81 GL1100 (gone)

Re: Clutch Failure

Postby MSGT-R » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:23 am

If your loosing fluid and can't find it, go look to the slave cylinder at the clutch cover. If the master is not visibily leaking, it's either a hose or the slave. Easy to fix, difficult to get at. :(
Don't spook the road sheep.

Motorcycle: 1987 gl1200a aspencade

Re: Clutch Failure

Postby beaubaxter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:52 pm

i just fixed the clutch on my 1987 gl1200 when i bought it it had no clutch fluid in it ! when you bleed the clutch bleed it out of the bleeder screw make sure bleeder screw is not cloged when you get the fluid to come out bleed it like you would the brakes on a car after that you will still wont have any pressure and if you dont pull the handle in and crack the banjo nut on the master cylinder and tighten it make sure oil doesnt go everywhere with a rag. i did that twice and it works good! if you lose pressure again you might have to rebuild the slave cylinder or master or both

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”