Speaker Noise

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
popawalker
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE

Speaker Noise

Postby popawalker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:04 pm

I have a 2000 GL1500 SE. When I pull in the clutch lever, there is a screaching noise that comes out of the left front speaker. On a recomendation I changed the clutch switch but it is still making the noise, any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve

riolocodude
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE Goldwing

Re: Speaker Noise

Postby riolocodude » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Just out of curiosity if you turn the power to the radio off and back on while the holding the clutch in does it still have the sound. The radio on my 2000 1500Se makes a static noise on occasion but It clears when I turn the power off and back on. I added a output jack for my ipod and it seems like the problem started after that. My problem is intermittent so and always clears up after cycling the power on the radio.
-Riolocodude

popawalker
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE

Postby popawalker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:57 am

It isn't a constant noise, it's when I pull in on the clutch there's a momentary noise, I believe when the second switch activates.

BikerGuy
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Postby BikerGuy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:30 am

I have a different problem... Kinda weird....

The external speakers play fine, both left and right speakers.... Every morning when I go out to ride the bike to work, I have the sound system set to my helmet speakers. Both speakers on both helmets play strong and loud, but only for a few minutes.

Then the left channel cuts out and it doesn't come back. But then the next day when I go to ride again it's back for a few minutes before cutting out again for the whole day. This does not happen with the External speakers, only with the headset speakers.

Any idea what's causing that and what I can do about it? Thanks!

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”