Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:09 am
- Location: weirdale saskatchewan Canada
- Motorcycle: 83 wing interstate
my freind has a2000 wing that surges when idling he didnt say how mucn it would speed up.its not high milege ,he did check the carbs and they were clean vacum lines are good .he was thinking a vacum leak in the idle circut.
- Posts: 363
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm
- Location: Geneseo, IL
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 Pearl Coranado Blue
It sounds like an air leak somewhere, you can spray starting fluid to different parts of the carb and if the engine rpm increase a lot your in the right area.
It's not what you buy, it's what you build.
- Posts: 7724
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:39 pm
- Location: Denham Springs,La.
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: GrapeshotCrawler [Crawler], Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 3 guests