noisey alternator

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
rlsapp
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing Aspencade

noisey alternator

Postby rlsapp » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:31 pm

my alternator on my 97 wing is making alitttle noise, thinking the bearing is going bad... does anyone know how to remove the alternator from the bike, and can it be rebuilt cheap???

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: noisey alternator

Postby trike lady » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:56 am

I have something that may help and all you'd have to do is pay shipping.
I never throw anything away, especially when someone else can repair it or in your situation use it for parts.
When I upgraded to a Compufire I kept the original which the Honda Tech told me only needed brushes to work and its off a 1993 GL1500A.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

rlsapp
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing Aspencade

Re: noisey alternator

Postby rlsapp » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:09 pm

by trike lady » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:56 am

I never throw anything away, especially when someone else can repair it or in your situation use it for parts.
When I upgraded to a Compufire I kept the original which the Honda Tech told me only needed brushes to work and its off a 1993 GL1500A.

I do thank you for the suggestion, and if I didn't already have the one on the bike to rebuild, I would indeed pay for the shipping for yours. I have also put some thought for the Compufire alternator, but the $$$ is tight these days. I have been without a job since Oct of last yr. Agian, THANKYOU for your suggestion.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”