CB Problem

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
tigerlily
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800

CB Problem

Postby tigerlily » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:30 pm

This post is for a friend: He was hooking up Mic-Mutes on his 2009 wing; next thing he knew he was getting static (more like squelch was set on low) from the CB. Now he has no squelch control and the PTT button does not work. Channel button and volume still seem to work fine. He has tried removing Mic-Mutes and going back to original connection. Also removed negative lead for 20 minutes to reset. No change. Any ideas?

gareva1
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Prem Audio

Re: CB Problem

Postby gareva1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Where did he locate the mic-mute device? I wonder if its right next to the coax connector for the cb radio---the mic-mute is just a relay assembly, but with the motorcycle power going to it, it could be passing along some power interference that is getting picked up by the cb radio system.

Do confirm he doesn't get this problem with the cb off...

If it's still happening with the device removed, is it possible he accidentally disconnected the coax connector to the cb? is right under the passenger seat about at the highest point of the rear wheel fender.

It's possible that he has two problems that look like one...he may have a sticky squelch switch...spray some contact cleaner in the switch and move it around real good and see if the squelch starts working. I have to do this every other month or so on my 2008, but it's a daily driver and is stored outdoors in a carport.

tigerlily
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800

Re: CB Problem

Postby tigerlily » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:41 am

Thanks everyone for the help. My resolved the problem....it was the radio. Honda replaced it under warranty, so he's set to go again!

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”