mp3 player or ipod

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Snake1113
Motorcycle: 2007 GL1800

mp3 player or ipod

Postby Snake1113 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:01 pm

i have a 2007 wing in the left compartment has a jack for ipod or mp3 i pluged them in and nothing happens am i doing somthing wrong when i purchased the bike the dealer said that all i had to do was plug it in.

jantje beton
Motorcycle: ¨2001 1800

Re: mp3 player or ipod

Postby jantje beton » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:46 am

hay you plug in selection on de radio the aux de player of on en go to de music ;)

FloridaRedWing
Motorcycle: 2005 GL1800

Postby FloridaRedWing » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:22 am

Snake1113 wrote:i have a 2007 wing in the left compartment has a jack for ipod or mp3 i pluged them in and nothing happens am i doing somthing wrong when i purchased the bike the dealer said that all i had to do was plug it in.

Go to the web site http://www.bikemp3.com/ They sell a nice mp3 player you can put in your trunk in place of the cd player. When hooked up according to the directions it can be operated from the handlebar controls the same as your cd player would. He has it on sale now for $94.99 Great person to deal with also.

gareva1
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Prem Audio

Postby gareva1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:52 pm

you have to select the aux input on your radio...make sure the radio is on and you can hear it, then hit the button on the radio marked "aux", and the screen on the bike should show the same...then whatever you have connected to that wire in the pocket will go through the speakers...if this doesnt work, its possible that the wire isn't connected under the pocket...if thats the case, its not hard to pull the pocket and get to where it plugs in...pull the left side trim piece (gently!) and then remove the 4 push pins from the pocket to remove it.

utahawk

Postby utahawk » Tue May 04, 2010 12:16 pm

http://gromaudio.com/store/ipod_adapter ... rface.html

Give this a look. I have one and it rocks.

gareva1

Postby gareva1 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Why is everyone trying to get him to buy another piece to use the mp3 player? He already has a wire to connect to it, he wasn't looking for a replacement for what he has...maybe he is and I'm not seeing it.

utahawk

Postby utahawk » Wed May 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Hey, this is a forum and lots of different ideas get tossed around here. Nobody is trying to make anyone do anything. I am always more than willing to look at different things and I think others here are as well.

gareva1

Postby gareva1 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Sure enough, but the OP came here wanting help to fix something he already has, and every response pretty much suggests to him to buy xyz product instead of trying to get his issue fixed. He didn't ask what alternatives were available to him, he asked how to make what he already has work. Nothing wrong with offering alternatives, but no one even made an attempt to help him troubleshoot his issue before turning him to another piece of equipment to buy, one which will require him to at the very least pull the left pocket, which may very well have him find that the aux cable is simply not plugged into the harness under the pocket...

not trying to be a prick or the "board police", but it's just frustrating when EVERYONE totally ignores the question and sidesteps taking a stab at the answer (possibly because no one knows how to troubleshoot it)...if you don't at least pay attention to the questions when someone comes in and asks things, the content becomes rather useless.

It's like if someone were to ask how to fix a flat tire on their car so they can get to work, and you told them that you drive a truck to work and like that very much...that's nice, but doesn't do squat for the guy with a flat on a car he already owns...see my point?

FWIW, I own a soundgate unit to connect to my iphone, but I didn't bring it up because it wasn't pertinent to his request.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”