2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?


Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
redsfanatic21
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: Hyden, KY
Motorcycle: 2012 Honda Goldwing gl1800

2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?

Postby redsfanatic21 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:19 pm



Does anyone know if it is possible to hook up an older model cb radio ( from a 2009 goldwing) on a 2012 bike. Is there any type of adapter or wiring that will allow me to use the old radio in the trunk of the 2012 bike?..........hate to have to buy a new
radio when we have a perfectly good one.....just can't hook it up....

Any help will be greatly appreciated!



User avatar
tfdeputydawg
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
Location: Indianapolis, In.
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: 2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?

Postby tfdeputydawg » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:28 am

Here 'ya go:
http://bikemp3.com/2012-CB-Conversion-C ... 12-CNV.htm
No cables to cut and join, it just plugs in. Your 09 CB will work on the 2012 bike just like it did on the old one

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: 2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?

Postby themainviking » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 pm

redsfanatic21 wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to hook up an older model cb radio ( from a 2009 goldwing) on a 2012 bike. Is there any type of adapter or wiring that will allow me to use the old radio in the trunk of the 2012 bike?..........hate to have to buy a new
radio when we have a perfectly good one.....just can't hook it up....

Any help will be greatly appreciated!


I just went and spoke with a guy who bought a 2012 a couple weeks ago, and he had a CB installed, but when he took his old CB in to have it put in, all the connections were different, so he had to get one specific to the bike, so, It would seem that would be no.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

User avatar
baumedagn
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:38 am
Location: Lexington, SC
Motorcycle: 2012
GL1800HPNM

Re: 2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?

Postby baumedagn » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Cyclemax has a conversion harness for $30. http://www.cyclemax.com p/n B3HGW-012-CNV

User avatar
tfdeputydawg
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
Location: Indianapolis, In.
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: 2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?

Postby tfdeputydawg » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 pm

themainviking wrote:I just went and spoke with a guy who bought a 2012 a couple weeks ago, and he had a CB installed, but when he took his old CB in to have it put in, all the connections were different, so he had to get one specific to the bike, so, It would seem that would be no.

Tell whoever told him that, they should refund his money and get the harness I linked in the 2nd post.
The guy you spoke to got ripped off!

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: 2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?

Postby themainviking » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:59 pm

baumedagn wrote:Cyclemax has a conversion harness for $30. http://www.cyclemax.com p/n B3HGW-012-CNV


I see that, and will pass it on to him. Here is the direct link:

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/150729/135089
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: 2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?

Postby themainviking » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm

tfdeputydawg wrote:Tell whoever told him that, they should refund his money and get the harness I linked in the 2nd post.
The guy you spoke to got ripped off!


My bad. I saw your link and it looked like it was going to a conversion box from bikemp3, so I did not follow it. It is indeed a harness patch for the use of earlier model CBs in a 2012. I WILL let him know.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

User avatar
tfdeputydawg
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
Location: Indianapolis, In.
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: 2009 MODEL CB RADIO ON A 2012 GOLDWING?

Postby tfdeputydawg » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:07 am

themainviking wrote:
tfdeputydawg wrote:Tell whoever told him that, they should refund his money and get the harness I linked in the 2nd post.
The guy you spoke to got ripped off!


My bad. I saw your link and it looked like it was going to a conversion box from bikemp3, so I did not follow it. It is indeed a harness patch for the use of earlier model CBs in a 2012. I WILL let him know.

It is possible, this happened before the harness was available.




Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests