JMDM GL 1800 install

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Buttcheesemo
Motorcycle: 2004 GL 1800

JMDM GL 1800 install

Postby Buttcheesemo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:07 pm

:? Installed JMDM MP3 in my 2004 GL 1800. Its been along time since I've worked on a bike but it was an easy install . Also installed accessory socket in left pocket for my ram mount Garmin holder . Another straight forward install. Mp3 player worked fine with the 4 gb sound card provided , but would not play on the Sony card that I had downloaded music on from Windows Media . Downloaded a converter and converted WMA to Mp3 format but still no sound from my sony memory card. Plugged in my Zen Mp3 player in the JMDM and it sounded like crap. Downloaded Goldwing Music Manager from Wing Stuff and downloaded tunes on my sony sound card . Plugged it in to the JMDM MP3 player and now I have no power to the MP3 player , radio and all other functions work. Removed battery cable for an hour or so with no results. All the fuses are good . Removed the seat again , cleaned and re plugged in the connection from the JM to the Cd Jack on the Goldwing . Any suggestions on what I could try next ???????????????

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: JMDM GL 1800 install

Postby redial » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Not much of a response, but have you thought about contacting the supplier/manufacturer and ask them why the Sony did not work, and what other problems you are having?
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: JMDM GL 1800 install

Postby themainviking » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:01 am

Yeah, my suggestion would be to contact J & M. They pride themselves on being able to diagnose and help with problems over the phone.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”