Need Picture of Trunk Release Assembly

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
LouG
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Need Picture of Trunk Release Assembly

Postby LouG » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:42 am

I had my 2008 GL1800 converted to a Roadsmith trike last December. It now has the original upper trunk and a new lower trunk. I was adjusting the lower trunk latch when the release cable for the new lower trunk came loose in the upper trunk latch assembly. The lower trunk uses the original right side saddlebag cable for the trunk release and the left saddlebag release cable has been removed. Therefore, I have no reference as to how the cable reconnects and I can't find any explicit enough pictures in the service manual to show me how it goes back together. It would be fantastic if somebody had a picture of how the end of the right side release cable inside the upper trunk is connected to the upper trunk mechanism assembly.

Thanks!!

LouG
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Re: Need Picture of Trunk Release Assembly

Postby LouG » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:14 pm

LouG wrote:I had my 2008 GL1800 converted to a Roadsmith trike last December. It now has the original upper trunk and a new lower trunk. I was adjusting the lower trunk latch when the release cable for the new lower trunk came loose in the upper trunk latch assembly. The lower trunk uses the original right side saddlebag cable for the trunk release and the left saddlebag release cable has been removed. Therefore, I have no reference as to how the cable reconnects and I can't find any explicit enough pictures in the service manual to show me how it goes back together. It would be fantastic if somebody had a picture of how the end of the right side release cable inside the upper trunk is connected to the upper trunk mechanism assembly.

Thanks!!

I can't seem to delete this post but I did manage to get the picture I was looking for.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”