lost all audio sources

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Redrider23

lost all audio sources

Postby Redrider23 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:25 am

I have a GL1800 I bought in May 2008. Today I installed the cb radio kit without any problems. I just tried to adjust the swr. After several minute working with it I decided that I was not making much of a difference and called it quits. I was doing the adjustments while the bike was running. Before disconnecting swr meter I turned the bike off. After reconnecting the cb antenna back together and turning bike back on I had no audio from any of my sources. All other electrical functions seem to work properly. I checked all the fuses and they were all good, but could not get any of the audio sources to turn on. What am I over looking?

Keep the shiney side up and rubber side down.
Enjoy the ride.

MSGT-R
Motorcycle: 13 F6B
81 GL1100 (gone)

Re: lost all audio sources

Postby MSGT-R » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:32 am

Not having an 1800 wiring diagram, go back to the harness connections you last worked with..
There is also a remote possibility that the CB is faulty, but check the harness connections first. Make sure all the grounds are still hooked in.
Don't spook the road sheep.

Redrider23

Postby Redrider23 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:07 pm

I just checked all the connections in the trunk, under the seat and the main connection for the cb. Then I disconnected the cb to see if the other audio sources would turn back on and they did not. HELP.
Keep the shiney side up and rubber side down.
Enjoy the ride.

MSGT-R
Motorcycle: 13 F6B
81 GL1100 (gone)

Postby MSGT-R » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm

I still dont' have detailed access to the GL1800 info. If all audio is still dead, something from the source is wrong. If your fuse is not blown (or a combination of fuses), I would (theoretically) check for incoming power at the main wire that supplies the audio system.

Again, without the wiring diagram, I can only speak from theory.

Don't spook the road sheep.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”