Bronze/Gold Coloured Accessories

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
DocFrancois
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE + Sidecar

Bronze/Gold Coloured Accessories

Postby DocFrancois » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 am

We have recently upgraded to an 1800 (2010), from a 1500SE with a sidecar. We have only done about 250 Kms thusfar and loved every inch of it!
Here's my request ... the Wing is black - the black with the golden "metal" showing in the sun. I think it is called "metallic black", or "pearly black". We want to dress it up somewhat and the wife and I have decided that instead of chrome, we would like to use the bronze/gold coloured items.
Is there specific suppliers that I should contact? I have searched the net, but the sample pics are at times not very clear as to the colour.
As you can see, everything needs to be imported to South Africa and I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanking you kindly!

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Bronze/Gold Coloured Accessories

Postby themainviking » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 pm

You can obtain some gold toned items, such as the center strip which says HONDA for the engine valve covers, but not all the chrome accessories have also been produced in Gold tone. WingStuff and Cyclemax are probably your best suppliers, Cyclemax having the most reasonable shipping charges. You are going to have to go through these sites item by item to locate what you seek.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”