Arms are too short

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 Trike

Arms are too short

Postby Steelman_55 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:30 pm

I have a 2003 GL1800 Trike that I was wandering if there is any adjustment in the handlebars. I am short enough that after riding for just a short time my shoulders and neck get to hurting so much that it is just not very enjoyable. I was thinking if I could somehow move the handlebars closer it would be better. I'm open for anything that will make riding more fun and will appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thank you all!

Motorcycle: gold wing 1800

Re: Arms are too short

Postby flash2002 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:48 am

Hi steelman, get your self a set of risers, they should help. ... s/76/18232

Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Re: Arms are too short

Postby wigoldwinger » Fri May 10, 2013 6:30 pm

I went with MBL risers. I used the regular MBL risers for one season, but I didn't like the way they changed the angle of the grips by bringing them closer together. I just switched to the wide MBL risers and I love them. They bring the grips up 3/4" and back 1.5" like the regular ones, but do not bring the grips in 2.25" like the regular ones. Now I am really happy. They bars are back and up but with the same grip width angle and width as stock. BTW, I am 5'07" with a 32" sleeve length.

The risers are very easy to put on. It took be 30 minutes doing it by myself. The biggest thing is the instructions say to remove to speaker covers and you don't have to do that if your bike is later than an '06. I tried that for a bit, and nicked up the edge of my right speaker, before I figured out that was not necessary. The meter cover just pops up out of its grommets. Then you unplug the main connector and the speakers and that's it. Then you just rotate the bars enough to get at each side's bolts, remove the handlebar for that side, install the riser, reinstall the bar into the riser and repeat for the other side.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”