Just rode the F6B

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Just rode the F6B

Postby themainviking » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:40 am

I got to ride an F6B (Flat Six Bagger) on Wednesday, just past. It is quite impressive to say the least. It felt really tight and quiet compared to my GL1800, with all the creaking and small noises from the Tupperware, and also a bit more maneuverable due to the lost 67 pounds from the top of the bike (I think they said 67 pounds). The 2013 also felt like it had a bit more zip than my 2009. I tried to also ride the 2013 GL1800 but they could not fit me in. The seat on the F6B is massive, and not real comfortable though, and I jumped on my Ultimate seat immediately after riding the F6B and it was really evident. I then rode the exact same course as they were doing, and during the entire ride, I felt the difference in the seat. I still believe that perhaps the 2013 engine is a bit zippier than the 2009 though. Final Impression ? - I would not buy an F6B to replace the GL1800 I have. I would have to give up too much and spend too much to make it what I want. The big detraction was the lack of reverse and cruise control, however, for a shorter trip bike, if the seat was changed, I would not minding having it in my stable.

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

Motorcycle: 2007 Black Cherry Goldwing 1800

Re: Just rode the F6B

Postby jonnypar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the F6B. I plan on riding one this weekend if time allows, not because I want one but just to see how it rides.
Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”