1800 goldwing trike wont start.

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Goldwing Trike 1800

1800 goldwing trike wont start.

Postby ladytriker56 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:49 pm

I was on a ride, shut off the engine, when I tried to start it again, worked for 2secs then quit. The horn doesn't work, the abs light doesn't come on, neither does the reverse light indicater or the cruise control on indicater. the head lights come on, radio works. it doesn't make any clicking sounds,. tried push starting it, didn't work.
had it towed home, all the fuses look good., Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Battery is good.
I recently had it worked on, due to an accident, and the shop hotwired my rear shocks to automatically work when the key is on, this still works that way, however, I will not take it back to that shop, they had it for over 2 months.
thanks for any input

Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: 1800 goldwing trike wont start.

Postby bustedwing » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Electrical problems can drive you nuts. If you are good with a test lightit would be a lot easier to chase down. On some bikes there is a fuseable link which is wire that will burn thru if too much amperage is pulled and the only way to get it to work again is to replace the wire, once you find it. It is usually near the battery and one of the heavy leads. It looks just like a regular battery cable. So the only way to check it is either test light or multi meter. You lost power somewhere, just to figure out where. Good luck.
Proud member Patriot Guard

Motorcycle: GL 1800 Trike

Re: 1800 goldwing trike wont start.

Postby RobertW » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:25 am

Happened to me during a 4th of July parade I was in. Got done with the parade and after taking off all the stuff I tried to start it and nothing. The lights were real dim, so I got a jump and it started right up. I think I didn't have it reved up enouf to charge the battery during the event. Check your battery. It could be the guy.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”