Bikersolutions seat

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
tbruno
Motorcycle: 2010 Goldwing

Bikersolutions seat

Postby tbruno » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:15 am

Has anyone bought a seat from bikersolution, and if so do you like it. I have tried everything on the market and still hurts to ride.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Bikersolutions seat

Postby themainviking » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm

You may mean bikesolutionsllc.com, and if so, their prices are pretty good, if their seats are too. Sorry, but I have not tried their seats, but I did purchase an Ultimate seat. I guess you tried one of them and did not like it, but I found it pretty good, though pricey. Corbins, I found, were fine for some but way, way too hard for me. One guy here has a Road Sofa, another one a Mustang seat that he got from Wing Stuff, and one guy had his stock seat reshaped and resewn. All are happy with their choices, including the guy here who has a Corbin, and me with the Ultimate. I think any seat is better than the stock seat for most people. If you have tried them all and none are comfortable for you, you should go to one of the big rallies like Americade or Wing Ding, where they have custom seats available, and perhaps they can help you discover why you cannot find a seat to fit you. Just a suggestion.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

93aspy
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 ABS

Re: Bikersolutions seat

Postby 93aspy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 pm

I bought one and used it on a 5000+ ride on Route 66 and back in September... It helps, but it is not the perfect solution... What I did was ride the stock seat (which was also modified by Wingsoft twice) until I was getting pretty sore, then I would put the bike solution pad on... It was a definite help and I could ride further but my backside was still sore at the end of the day...

Additionally, the bikesolution pad raises you up some - the equivalent of a higher saddle, so that is a bit if a disadvantage unless your on a trike and don't need your feet to touch the ground (I also have a Tow Pac conversion which I use frequently)...

Overall, it helps but the ideal solution is still a custom saddle from Russel Day Long or other company like them...

Les
4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul

Darkside # 1574 - Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Double Darkside - Bridgestone Battlax BT-45
Honorary Wild Rhino 6/2014

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”