Tailights

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
trob
Motorcycle: GL1800 2010

Tailights

Postby trob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:12 am

I have the GL1800 2010. The back lights are only showing on the back of the trunk and not the panniers. I have indicators working on the panniers. What I would like to know is, how can I get all the taillights and indicators working? Is there a special wiring harness to fit to get them working or do I just run two wires to hookup top and bottom taillights.

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Tailights

Postby tfdeputydawg » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:42 am

They work that way to make them legal in your country!
Yes, you would need wiring, sockets, bulbs and you would have to make the socket holes in the housings!!

trob
Motorcycle: GL1800 2010

Postby trob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:52 am

Thanks DeputyDawg. Kinda odd isn't it that something such as increasing the lighting to the rear, and as a result increase safety, should be disallowed over here. I didn't know that was the reason for them not lighting up, however that won't stop me from modifying them to all come on. Seems the more visibility the better, not to mention looking better on the road

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Postby tfdeputydawg » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:29 am

Understood, hope your LEO's have better things to do than to stop someone just because they have a couple extra lights on their bike!
You would not believe how much money was spent on various GM vehicles (and others I'm sure) to make them exportable to other countries!
Worked for GM in a exterior lighting division and was responsible at one time for designing lamps to conform to various counties lighting requirements. Some have the dumbest, IMO, rules!!!!

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”