Electrical Connector LED Brake Spoiler

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
marcad
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 ABS

Electrical Connector LED Brake Spoiler

Postby marcad » Thu May 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Instructions for connecting to brake elect system says to remove quote"rear saddlebag filler" endquote to find connections..

Looked in handbook and HRCA on line to find any references to panel..No luck..I've mucked all around under the left saddlebag area with no luck at all..

CAn anybody provide any info on it?

I have a 2008 GW w/ABS..

I'm at a standstill until I solve mystery..

gareva1
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Prem Audio

Re: Elect Conn LED Brake Splr

Postby gareva1 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm assuming by "Splr" you mean spoiler...

I think you were thinking too much into this---the saddlebag filler they are referring to is the rear panel that the license plate is on---behind that panel (4 or 5 screws depending on model year) you should find the wires you are looking for.

marcad

Re: Elect Conn LED Brake Splr

Postby marcad » Sat May 08, 2010 12:42 am

gareva1 wrote:I'm assuming by "Splr" you mean spoiler...

I think you were thinking too much into this---the saddlebag filler they are referring to is the rear panel that the license plate is on---behind that panel (4 or 5 screws depending on model year) you should find the wires you are looking for.

You're right..I went back out to the garage and took a chance on that panel and sure enough there it was..

No excuse except to say that I'm a newbie on the GW..trying to find any reference to that item was a dead end..Just one big 'duuhhh' on me..lesson learned.

Thx for answering my plea for help..I got the farkle up and operating after more head scratching..What a relief..!

Now back to the serious stuff - riding..!!

mickeydw
Motorcycle: 2006 honda gold wing gl 1800

Re: Electrical Connector LED Brake Spoiler

Postby mickeydw » Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

I have an 06 GL1800. I recently bought a LED Lift Handle, it has a red & a Black wire from it. I installed it on the trunk lid & called DFW Honda for clues as to where to wire it to. I found out the green wire with red stripe was THE wire, and the the common wire. I have touched it to about every wire I can get to, even the one out of the pulsating brake module. I still only get it either ON all the time OR JUST flashing when the brakes go on. My current staus is I have blown a fuse because now NONE of the brake lights work. HELP !

marcad

Postby marcad » Mon May 31, 2010 3:46 pm

not sure what lift handle is..your wire color clues do not sound familiar..wish I could help..maybe you could try and start a thread of your own and find some help there..Sorry I couldn't help.. :oops:

mickeydw wrote:I have an 06 GL1800. I recently bought a LED Lift Handle, it has a red & a Black wire from it. I installed it on the trunk lid & called DFW Honda for clues as to where to wire it to. I found out the green wire with red stripe was THE wire, and the the common wire. I have touched it to about every wire I can get to, even the one out of the pulsating brake module. I still only get it either ON all the time OR JUST flashing when the brakes go on. My current staus is I have blown a fuse because now NONE of the brake lights work. HELP !

gareva1
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Prem Audio

Postby gareva1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:23 am

marcad,

he actually started a new thread a few days before you posted this---he has found a solution that works for him.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”