Tunnel Filters

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
tbruno
Motorcycle: 2010 Goldwing

Tunnel Filters

Postby tbruno » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Hello, has anybody installed the tunnel filters on thier bike. If so did you have any problems installing them.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Tunnel Filters

Postby themainviking » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:50 pm

I have them installed on my bike. No problems getting them in. Best to put them in from the bottom. And they do seem to work, especially when riding in rain, as they prevent some of the spray from coming right up through the tunnel.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

PastoT
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800 (107k)

Re: Tunnel Filters

Postby PastoT » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Like themainviking said install from the bottom. I push mine all the way up, it tends to keep them a little dryer. Periodically remove and clean them off. I've tried to make it a ritual to remove them after a severe rain storm, to dry them out, but haven't really squeezed much water out (seems they are aren't acting like sponges at least). Might be a good idea to spray or wipe the metal and forks with WD-40 occasionally to fight off any collected humidity to prevent rust. I installed to block the wind rush and noise coming up at me and it also stopped quite a few bugs and bees as well! Crush them a few times before installing will help, mine were very stiff to begin with, and yes they deform and move around when you turn the forks exposing minor gaps.
Tom, in Mountain Home, Idaho
2002 GL1800 (Illusion Red) Non-ABS, 108k miles
Retired Air Force

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”