Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2010 Goldwing

Postby tbruno » Mon May 12, 2014 8:06 am

Hello, I went on a 500 mile trip trying to use the GPS. I finally got the GPS to work, but could not get any sound over the radio. I had all the buttons the right way. I do not have a CB, so that is not an issue. Any ideas. Thanks.

Motorcycle: 2012

Postby baumedagn » Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 am

If your system works the same as on my 2012, make sure you select either speaker or headset for the gps from the radio control panel. Then using the volume knob, press until you find gps volume and adjust as needed. Hopefully it's something simple. Good luck

Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 ABS

Postby 93aspy » Mon May 12, 2014 7:59 pm

I see by your profile you own a 2010 Gold Wing... One way to integrate the GPS is thru the AUX input located in the front left fairing pocket... If your feeding your GPS in thru this input, you must select AUX on the radio control panel to hear the GPS commands... Then your "audio" button (photo 1) will be set either to headset or speaker - you should see the appropriate icon on the bike display panel (photo 2) (Navi model shown in both instances)...

Depending on the type GPS you are using, they may be more than one volume level adjustment for the GPS voice and music on the GPS control panel... What make and model GPS are you using and are you feeding the GPS into the AUX input of the bike???

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul

Darkside # 1574 - Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Double Darkside - Bridgestone Battlax BT-45
Honorary Wild Rhino 6/2014

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”