places to mount on off switch for mp3 player with bluetooth

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Flyn Tiger
Motorcycle: Black 2002 GL1800 w/ABS

places to mount on off switch for mp3 player with bluetooth

Postby Flyn Tiger » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Just got my bike mp3 player with bluetooth this evening. I've been reading up on how to install and so forth so maybe it will go easy. My question is, where are some places that you have been mounting the answer, hang up switch that runs the bluetooth for the phone. Is the switch waterproof and in need of being covered or can it just be mounted on the handle bars somewhere?

Thanks,
Flyn Tiger

tech1
Motorcycle: 1986 Goldwing 1200 SE-i Aspencade
2009 audo comfort
GL1800

Re: places to mount on off switch for mp3 player with blueto

Postby tech1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:37 am

Hi Flyn Tiger
I mounted mine with velcro to the outside of my CB control switches. easy to reach and looks ok there.
The one that came with mine was frozen. I had a few conversations with Pete and he sent me a new one which worked correctly . I was confusing him because mine i thought was a micrphone not a switch.
Tech1

Flyn Tiger

Postby Flyn Tiger » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Tech1. I also looked at that area but for now it is velcroed next to my plug in for my helmet plug in.

Got some questions for you. Do you have to have a sd card in the device for the cell phone to work? I am not set up yet to load music onto a SD card and was wondering if the cell would work without the other. Also, do you have to purchase a program to download on your computer to be able to download the music?

I swear some of their directions were as clear as mud. I have the round push button to answer the phone, dont have a clue what the square box with the button is or what purpose it serves and I dont know what they are talking about when they speak of the light blinking when you get it going. Can you shed some laman terms on this for me? Got it all hooked up except my cell is not linked up yet. May go back out and try to link that puppy up before bed.

Just came in from vacation and heading out July 23rd heading towards International Falls and around the Great Lakes and I have to get this thing working before I leave. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Flyn Tiger

tech1
Motorcycle: 1986 Goldwing 1200 SE-i Aspencade
2009 audo comfort
GL1800

Postby tech1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Hello Flyn Tiger
The box with the switch is the switch for the bluetooth. The round one is just a remote switch. I do not think you need an SD card in it to use it for phone. I do reccomend purchasing the software to load music on your card much easier. There are Utube videos of it. It is reasonablely priced not outrageous. I bought it twice because my hardrive failed and I lost my first copy. I believe it is waterproof or at least resistance. I personally havent used the bluetooth yet. Ive alway gotten calls when on my Scala when riding with friends. I suggest you call Pete or email him. He is usally busy BUT will answer all questions you have and he is nice and helpfull.
I had a button issue and cable problem. Pete took care of both i did have to reform one cable connection to get it to stay connected and increase the friction fit and no issues since.
Tech1

Flyn Tiger

Postby Flyn Tiger » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Guess I will have to call again. Emailed once but got on answer but he may have called while I was on vacation. I dont know if I need to have my helmet on and hooked up while I am setting this thing up or not. Hate to have to take the seat off again to get this mess going but if that is what I have to do, so be it. Just seems like the instructions could be done better as far as do's and dont's. My next thing will be to get set up so I can down load music. Right now my main concern is getting the phone to work before this trip. That was my reason why I got the mp3, otherwise I really liked my cd player. When are you going to get your phone going?

Got to go.....getting up for work at 4am tomorrow. Have a good one.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”