reverse and drive train

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
frankj
Motorcycle: Goldwing 2002 trike

reverse and drive train

Postby frankj » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:27 pm

I have a 2002 Honda Goldwing converted into ,a trike a friend used my bike and said the bike broke down, it wouldn't stay running when you put it into gear and the reverse wasn't working the light would come on R showing the r but nothing take it out of R and put it in gear it stalls the bike will not run once you put it in gear

robb
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: reverse and drive train

Postby robb » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:33 am

Had an incident last month, took bike from garage and put on side stand to close door. Put bike in gear and it shut down. Had a very hard time rocking bike to find neutral but when I did it cranked and died when put in gear again. Found neutral again and tried to use reverse to put bike back in garage but it would not move. Found that clutch fluid was low. Check sight glass for fluid. Refilled and bleed clutch and it works again, or will till I can replace clutch cylinder kit.

flash2002
Motorcycle: gold wing 1800

Re: reverse and drive train

Postby flash2002 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:45 am

Hi, since its a trike I presume they took off the side stand and left the wires there, I would check the wires and switch if they left them there to make sure its not causing the problem. I think that when there is a stand and it is out, it will cause this problem.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”