trip planning sites

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Flyn Tiger
Motorcycle: Black 2002 GL1800 w/ABS

trip planning sites

Postby Flyn Tiger » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Hey folks! Hope the weather is getting better so all of you can ride. Pollen has been falling here in North La for about a week and has given me a sore throat.

Anyway, looking at planning a trip back to Deals Gap, Tn. to ride the Dragon and will probably go to North and South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. I have always used Honda Trip Planner to plan my trips. I like it showing my route on a map, my miles between stops and such. Problem is now, that site does not have a map anymore, or not right now due to updates. My question is what sites are you using to plan your trips? Again I would like to have a map, distance between stops and total miles/time if possible.

Thanks in advance,
Lyn Tiger

Dusty Boots
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500Aspencade

Re: trip planning sites

Postby Dusty Boots » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:41 am

I plan my trips on Google Maps Classic and once I have my route figured out, I use HD Ride Planner (also uses Google Maps Classic) and plot the exact same route on it and then download the route to my Garmin Nuvi 765T.

I found it more intuitive than the Honda trip planner

Flyn Tiger
Motorcycle: Black 2002 GL1800 w/ABS

Re: trip planning sites

Postby Flyn Tiger » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks Dusty. Took a look at it here in my tablet. Looks alot like the Honda trip planner. Cant rignt click on the tablet but I will look at it more at home. Thanks again!

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”