Newbie can't get the CB to come on????

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
steelpony5555

Newbie can't get the CB to come on????

Postby steelpony5555 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:56 pm

I have a 07 wing and am learning all the gizmos and do dads it has. I have the owners manuels but do not have the one for the CB. When I push the button marked CB nothing happens. I assume it should come on just like when I push the Nav button or the I-Com button. Is there a tutorial or download on this site that covers the CB or am I doing it right and have a problem like maybe a blown fuse?

pingjockey
Motorcycle: 2007 gl1800

Re: Newbie can't get the CB to come on????

Postby pingjockey » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Does your bike have two antennae? If not, then the bike probably does not have a CB installed. The CB radio is an option for the GL1800 and must be purchased separately. :o
The list price for the CB is around $800.00. The best price I've seen was at http://www.wingstuff.com. They currently have it for $599.

Good luck.

steelpony5555

Re: Newbie can't get the CB to come on????

Postby steelpony5555 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Ok update---called the dealer and found out here the guy who traded the bike screwed them. It does have 2 antennas and was listed on the paper work and they knew I was looking at that bike because it did have the CB. Seems as the guy who traded it took the radio out after they appaised his bike. But alls well that ends well, they are installing a new cb for me and going after the guy who traded it.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”