Mustang Seat

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2010 Goldwing

Mustang Seat

Postby tbruno » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:17 am

Hello, does anybody have the new Mustang seat for the 1800, if so how do you like it. Thanks.

Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800

Re: Mustang Seat

Postby bad2thebone55 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:05 am

I have a Mustang seat recently installed bought it used but you really could tell it was used very little and in like new condition. It has the heated seats and came with a Mustang backrest. I had the OEM GL1800 seat and installed the Utopia backrest. I am a short guy and upon learning the Mustang drops me down an inch was just the trick for me.

It is very comfortable to me so much so I will be selling my OEM GL1800 seat and Utopia backrest!

But like anything else it's all personal depending upon body size, height weight etc. which allows some to enjoy a particular seat over another.

I like it because is firmer than the OEM reduces height by one inch and the backrest is as supportive as the Utopia. Great quality material and build.

Hope you find your comfort fit I know some who have gone through several seats looking for that perfect one.

Ride Safe and stay warm!
"You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"

Old German
Motorcycle: "2003 GL1800A"

Re: Mustang Seat

Postby Old German » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:47 pm

I have had my first mustang seat 6 years ago on a honda 750 aero (w/o backrest) and it was amazing compare to the stock seat. My next bike a kawasaki vulcan vn 2000 have had a bad stock seat. So i bought a mustang with backrest. The best investment i did on this bike. Now on my 2003 wing i bought a new mustang seat with both backrests (driver and passenger) 2 years ago. I and my wife like it. Good quality and very compfy for long day trips.
I dont know what bike comes in future (thinking about bmw gtl 1600) but i know it will have a mustang seat on it.

I hope it help.
Happy New Year

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”