Highway pegs placement

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
rexliggett
Motorcycle: 2005 honda goldwing gl1800 silver

Highway pegs placement

Postby rexliggett » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 pm

I have a 2005 goldwing and I purchased a pair of highway pegs for it, I really like being able to move around a little on long rides, however, I placed the pegs on the crashbar and I can reach the pegs, or my leg hits the hot motor, is there a workaround for this?

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Highway pegs placement

Postby themainviking » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:37 pm

You can or you can't reach the pegs? If you can, then what is your question? If you can't, then you need to reposition the pegs. Your ankle is likely going to be close to or touching the plug cover of the engine, but boots will minimize the heat. I have Kuryakyn Ergo II cruise mounts with 2", 4" and 6" extension arms. I am using the six inch extension arms with pegs. I still find that my ankles are close to the spark plug covers. Kuryakyn sells mount kits to put pegs on their arms, and you need them if using this product. They come with the peg kits, but not with the floorboard kits which is how I started.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

rexliggett
Motorcycle: 2005 honda goldwing gl1800 silver

Postby rexliggett » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Sorry, the problem is I can't reach the pegs.

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Postby harvey01 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:41 pm

rexliggett,

It is always difficult to help someone over the internet because you don't have the problem right in front of you to examine. I am sure you have tried the pegs you have at different locations without success. Since I don't know what pegs you are using, it would be my suggestion to look at the Kuryakyn Ergo II as mentioned by themainviking. They have a lot of adjustability. You can probably see photos of them at:
http://www.kuryakyn.com/

Most online suppliers such as Cyclemax, ChromeWorld, Honda Direct Line, and so on will have them in stock or be able to order them if they are in the Kuryakyn catalog. Most local dealers can also order them if their parts guy knows his stuff.

There are other suppliers but for highway pegs and attachment they work very well.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

crock4
Motorcycle: 2001 Goldwing
2007 VT 750 shadow Aero Sold
2001 harley softail deuce Sold
2003 harley road king sold
2010 Honda Stateline

Postby crock4 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:36 am

I have the mic-o-pegs on my 01, and am very happy with them. My legs don't touch the side of the fairing, and they get your feet away from the motor more. Being only 5'-9" they extend far enough back to be comfortable, and the spring loaded feature gets them up out of the way when not in use. JMO
Bob

Passion keeps your blood flowing and your heart beating. Motorcycles are my passion !

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”