Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17387
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
GDP wrote:Have tapered steering stem bearings on 04 Goldwing trike would like to know what torque should be ?
The standard torque for the OEM caged ball bearings is 20 ft-lb. The general consensus for aftermarket tapered bearings is that 23-25 ft-lbs works best.
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:23 pm
- Location: Saginaw, MI.
- Motorcycle: '76s,'78,'83s,'84s,'85s,'88s,'89,'01,'04s (the list is ever changing...2manywings)
You'll be fine @ 25lbs. I think that "All Balls" suggests 28, but I think that that's at bit much. I always go with 22-23 and have had no problems. Good Luck!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: winger05 and 2 guests