Malfunction Airbag System.

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Ilgenerale
Motorcycle: Honda GoldWing 2007 GL1800

Malfunction Airbag System.

Postby Ilgenerale » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:06 am

Hello and greetings to all !!
I would like to ask you an opinion about something that has happened to me.
My name is Leonardo, I am from Milan, Italy and I owned an Honda Goldwing 1800cc of 2007 with the airbag system. In June 2013 I had an accident and my airbag system didn’t work at all and I flow of my bike. As you can imagine I got seriusly injured. I disputed this fact with Honda Italia and after an opinion by an expert of the Honda staff they didn’t give me a serius answer or a solution. I felt lonely and without any support from them so I decided with the help of my lawyer to; first to try with an attempt of arbitration with no answer and then we decided to take them to court in order to have a serius answer from Honda Italia.
I think that all this situation is very sad an ridiculs becouse they could fix everthing in an easier way.Unfortumnately here in Italy the consumers are not guarantee as they are in other countries.
My question to you is: do you think is normal for Honda Italia to treat their coustumers lke this and would you do the same?
Thank you all and have a nice day.
Leonardo.

joeincalif
Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Re: Malfunction Airbag System.

Postby joeincalif » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:56 am

Honda USA is bad with customer service also. It took them a long time to admit it was their fault that the frame cracking on the early 1800's was their responsibility, when the over heating problem first appeared Honda sent out a sticker to be put in the owners manual that said to pull over and let the bike cool down if it starts to over heat. Both of these things resulted in recalls by Honda but not many owners complained. You might try and post on different forums and see if the air bag not deploying has been a problem with others owners and if so and Honda will not do anything, get a lawyer to file a class action suite against them.
Look at the tranny problem on the 1800, Honda will not admit the problem is with them but they did change the gears in the later model Gold Wings
Honda will do anything to avoid a recall or paying for a repair under warranty.
IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:13 am

Sorry to hear about your accident and injury. Did you ever find out why your air bag system malfunctioned and did not activate?

Ilgenerale
Motorcycle: Honda GoldWing 2007 GL1800

Postby Ilgenerale » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks for the information I will let you know if Honda Italia will give me an answer.
By Leonardo.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”