Electrical Voodoo

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Cleetorn
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800 GoldWing

Electrical Voodoo

Postby Cleetorn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:27 pm

I have no power to my gauges (tach/speedo/fuel/temp) or the gauge lights. I have no tail lights. I have checked the power on my tail light fuse. Hot both in and out. I have checked the tail light relay under the seat. Again, hot both in and out. I have been told there is a 20-pin blue connector or a 22-pin grey connector the brown/white wire from the relay feeds into. The closest I can find is a 20-pin (box-shaped) gray connector. It has two brown wires going into it (but no white stripe) and both are hot. I DO have a 16-pin (rectangular) grey connector that has a brown/white going into it but there is no power on either side of the wire of this connector.

Am I missing something here? Am I going to have to completely pull the wiring harness and strip it down (really scary to me) to find were my disconnect is or is there something else I can check before diving in deep?

97Aspy
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500A Glacier white

Re: Electrical Voodoo

Postby 97Aspy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Check this thread from another site. Seems bad ground on connector under seat was the problem for a few guys here. Good luck

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/5-gl1800 ... ion=thread

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”