Please Help my bike GL1800'08model

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800

Please Help my bike GL1800'08model

Postby olantess » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:07 pm

I have some problem in my bike gl1800,In the normal bike the guages temperature before rich the middle line the fan is working.One day I'm riding in my bike i stop in the traffic i saw my temperature guages is going and the fan is not i bring it into the workshop and change the relay.they try the relay which is using for headlight to check the relay for the fan.WHEN they replace the relay the fan is start but suddenly it is very fast compare to the normal. second thing the fan is start working when its rich the middle line sometimes its work after the middle line. the normal is before the middle line so what is the problem.Any one can help me into my problem coz Im worrying about my goldwing...

Motorcycle: 2006 gl1800

Re: Please Help my bike GL1800'08model

Postby jinx » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:45 pm

First can you take it to a dealer for warranty repair ?

If not than it maybe either the engine control module (ecm) or the engine coolant temp sensor (ect).
Check and make sure the wire to the ect is connected and tight.

Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Prem Audio

Re: Please Help my bike GL1800'08model

Postby gareva1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:28 am

How fast were you going when this happened? The fans will not start or will turn off when you are moving over 15mph if I remember correctly, so if you are in stop and go traffic, and when you go you get over 15mph, your fans will not start and the temp will rise a bit. If your bike is not boiling over, it is honda's stance that your bike is not overheating and you have no problem. Many people have had their bikes run to the upper levels of the temperature gauge, with honda having the opinion there is nothing wrong.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”