Navigation Screen

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
hoohahj
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800 Goldwing

Navigation Screen

Postby hoohahj » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:52 pm

I have a 2012 Goldwing that the Navigation Screen is losing reception in other words the screen goes blank and then comes back on. It doesn't matter if the GPS in on or not it screen goes blank and than comes back on in the startup mod but ofcorase I loose the GPS and won't come back on until I stop . Anyone have any items where my problem might be?

baumedagn
Motorcycle: 2012
GL1800HPNM

Re: Navigation Screen

Postby baumedagn » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am

I had the same thing happen to me over the weekend. My issue came about when I tried to search a location by a phone number. After I had input the number and hit "done" the system re-booted. Tried again with the same results. I ended up using the address and had no problems. I'd love to hear what some of our more tech oriented folks think.

crowemag55
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800

Re: Navigation Screen

Postby crowemag55 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:02 pm

I have a very similar problem. At startup, sometimes the screen comes up black and I have to turn it off, wait for the screen to fully 'die' and then try again. Usually works the second start attempt but not always.. Other times it will display the 'SD Card' error. Second start attempt typically clears that as well.

don't have any real resolution for either of these..

-John

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”