Heated? Grips/Seats

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Cleetorn
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800 GoldWing

Heated? Grips/Seats

Postby Cleetorn » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:34 am

One of the things I liked best about my 2006 Wing was the heated grips/seats. They worked great for about the first year and then didn’t anymore. It has been in the dealership numerous times and they have replaced the computer modules a couple of times, the grips and even the seat – to no avail. They say they are out of ideas and now that it is out of warranty anyway, I am on my own to find a solution. I took it to another dealership and they just laughed saying that the whole system was a piece of crap. If I have to, I can live without the seat heaters but I REALLY want the grips to work. Is there anyone out there who can provide some realistic suggestions as to how I can fix this problem either through some Honda-approved method or simply overriding the system without burning it out?

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Heated? Grips/Seats

Postby tfdeputydawg » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:02 pm

GET A HOLD OF THE FACTORY REP. Because you had the defect prior to the expiration of your warranty, it is still up to the dealer to fix it under warranty.
Since it seems that dealer doesn't know how to fix the problem and since he has mislead you, I would ask the rep where he wants the bike to go to be fixed properly.
HONDA CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-866-784-1870

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”