Sea Freewire. Goldwing

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
  • Sponsored Links
bstig60
Motorcycle: 2003 GL 1800
1999 Virago XV1100LC
Luggage Trailer, 2014 Home Made

Sea Freewire. Goldwing

Post by bstig60 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Has anyone used thsidevice? If so, how about a report on it....... https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/s ... r-goldwing

Bill

PastoT
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800 (122k)

Re: Sea Freewire. Goldwing

Post by PastoT » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:12 pm

I have two, driver and pillion and absolutely love them. Having a CB I wanted to remain wireless and not have to deal with the hand mic, this was a plug and play solution. Of course you need BT headphones, I have Sena 10S in both helmets. I have the Freewire both plugged into the bike for power and of course the audio in & out, they power up when I turn the key and that was the best for me. If not plugged in for power I'd get just of 9 hours on a full charge, the Headsets are about the same for me; I'd have to charge them in the trunk right about the 10hr mark of a ride (just short of Las Vegas for me!). Freewires only connect a single headset so riding double up means you'll want to of them. They connect to the wired headset pigtails for audio. Convenient power connections might be an issue to use or create, they use 5v converted from the 12 volt cigarette lighter plug, or you might still find a direct USB to pin jack power wire (I just found 2 from an overseas supplier). They reconnect to the last helmet in use so no re-pairing required, sometimes you need to press the button to activate the connection (if it was powered up well before your helmet). Freewire has an auxiliary input but I find it completely mutes input from the headset pigtail connector when active - it would be best used for a GPS or Radar Detector audio feed. Again I like them very much, I leave the bikes intercom on for my scanner audio input from another source connection and with the bike intercom on it allows rider and pillion to chat right along without issues or loosing music, the bike radio mutes itself for the intercom and return normal volume it with you're quiet. BTW the Sena 10S could be charged and used at the same time if you really needed to (you just need longer USB wires and USB power soures), but of course you're not wireless at that point but its only an issue when you stop and go to walk away!
Tom, in Mountain Home, Idaho
2002 GL1800 (Illusion Red) Non-ABS, 122k miles
Retired Air Force

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

bstig60
Motorcycle: 2003 GL 1800
1999 Virago XV1100LC
Luggage Trailer, 2014 Home Made

Post by bstig60 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Thanks, Tom. I may try this setup when I get back home to Florida.
Bill

keithg64
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 Pearl Coranado Blue

Post by keithg64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:03 am

I have the send 20s and love it. I also have the handlebar remote. Does the freewire work with the remote or is it separate.
It's not what you buy, it's what you build.

PastoT
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800 (122k)

Post by PastoT » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:08 pm

I have no remote, that may be a 20s only item but either way I don't have one with my 10S setup. The Freewire is simply the two way audio dongle connecting audio between the bike and helmet; it does have an auxiliary input but nothing fancy beyond that. I could easily see a remote to work the features to the headset itself, even the 10S has a lot of capability to blindly fumble with.

Tom, in Mountain Home, Idaho
2002 GL1800 (Illusion Red) Non-ABS, 122k miles
Retired Air Force

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"