Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
- Sponsored Links
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 pm
- Location: Whitney, TX.
- Motorcycle: 1999 Goldwing GL1500 SE
I have a 1999 Goldwing SE and I want to put in winter storage. where do I shut off the gas to the carbrators so I can drain the gas out of the carbrators. I can't seem to find it in my manual.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17516
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
You don't. It has an automatic shutoff when the engine is stopped. There is no manual petcock like there is in 1000, 1100 and 1200 Goldwings.
- Posts: 391
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm
- Location: Geneseo, IL
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 Pearl Coranado Blue
Leave your carbs full, add Seafoam to the gas, 1 ounce per gal, and fill the gas tank, run the bike about 10 minutes and let sit for winter.
It's not what you buy, it's what you build.
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm
- Location: Motor City, Michigan
- Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800
Just put some Seafoam in it and run it for 10 to 15 min and call it a winter. Start it up in the spring ride that out. Fill up and put a bottle of Techron in and ride that out. Ur be good to go.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Brandwatch [Bot] and 2 guests