GL1800 Seat Height


Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
ron.p065
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Spokane, WA
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 Goldwing

GL1800 Seat Height

Postby ron.p065 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 pm



I think my height is shrinking or my wing is getting taller. I'd be more comfortable with a little foot on the ground at stop and start. Is there a way to get some height reduction short of shaving the seat? If I make a point to slide a little forward in the seat, I have a more comfortable reach. I suspect that age 71 I'm probably not going to grow longer legs and I don't look that good in high heels.



bluewing05
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:52 am
Motorcycle: 2005 GL 1800

Re: GL1800 Seat Height

Postby bluewing05 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:12 am


User avatar
thrasherg
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am
Location: Plano, TX
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: GL1800 Seat Height

Postby thrasherg » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:19 pm

ron.p065 wrote:I think my height is shrinking or my wing is getting taller. I'd be more comfortable with a little foot on the ground at stop and start. Is there a way to get some height reduction short of shaving the seat? If I make a point to slide a little forward in the seat, I have a more comfortable reach. I suspect that age 71 I'm probably not going to grow longer legs and I don't look that good in high heels.


Let some air out of your tires!! :lol: The tires will only be lower at the bottom.. :D

User avatar
flash2002
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:38 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Motorcycle: gold wing 1800
2003

Re: GL1800 Seat Height

Postby flash2002 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:28 am

Hi Ron, you can try this, I dont know how good it is, but it does lower the bike.

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/51783

ron.p065
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Spokane, WA
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 Goldwing

Re: GL1800 Seat Height

Postby ron.p065 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:12 pm

thrasherg wrote:
ron.p065 wrote:I think my height is shrinking or my wing is getting taller. I'd be more comfortable with a little foot on the ground at stop and start. Is there a way to get some height reduction short of shaving the seat? If I make a point to slide a little forward in the seat, I have a more comfortable reach. I suspect that age 71 I'm probably not going to grow longer legs and I don't look that good in high heels.


Let some air out of your tires!! :lol: The tires will only be lower at the bottom.. :D


Dang! I've been doing it wrong. Been lett'r down from the top. No wonder I aint gett'r done. I'll be able to give my wife her high heels back. I did look kinda "hot" in 'em however. :lol:

User avatar
thrasherg
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am
Location: Plano, TX
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: GL1800 Seat Height

Postby thrasherg » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 pm

ron.p065 wrote:
thrasherg wrote:
ron.p065 wrote:I think my height is shrinking or my wing is getting taller. I'd be more comfortable with a little foot on the ground at stop and start. Is there a way to get some height reduction short of shaving the seat? If I make a point to slide a little forward in the seat, I have a more comfortable reach. I suspect that age 71 I'm probably not going to grow longer legs and I don't look that good in high heels.


Let some air out of your tires!! :lol: The tires will only be lower at the bottom.. :D


Dang! I've been doing it wrong. Been lett'r down from the top. No wonder I aint gett'r done. I'll be able to give my wife her high heels back. I did look kinda "hot" in 'em however. :lol:


More information than I need or want! :oops:

snackpak
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm
Location: Motor City, Michigan
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Re: GL1800 Seat Height

Postby snackpak » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Shave some foam down or try meancitycycle.com.

User avatar
RoadDawg
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Motorcycle: 2012 GoldWing Air Bag

Re: GL1800 Seat Height

Postby RoadDawg » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:44 pm

A few comments;

1. If you reduce the height via suspension adjustments there is a possibility you can adversely affect the handling to a small degree.
2. I am "vertically challenged" at 5'7" but can easily flat foot the bike......I purchased some excellent HD boots with pretty thick soles and heels and that did the trick....cheap fix! And no...............they are NOT pink stilletos! :shock: :shock: :shock:




Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests