PRE-LOAD ADJUST ERROR MSG

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Muleskinner
Motorcycle: 2006 Goldwing Trike

PRE-LOAD ADJUST ERROR MSG

Postby Muleskinner » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:49 am

I've got an 06 Comfort/Navi with a Hannigan trike kit. I just updated my original mapping firmware to V 4.3. As the new firmware was completing it's upload, I got a Pre-Load Adjust error message.

With Hannigan kits, the air shock system is completely removed as it's not used on the kit. I've ridden the trike over 12,000 miles since the conversion was done and have never seen this, or any error message before. I can clear the message and everything works fine, including the navigation updates, however each time I restart the bike, the message returns.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to stop this annoyance?

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: PRE-LOAD ADJUST ERROR MSG

Postby tfdeputydawg » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:04 am

There is an attachment to the rear shock asm. that must be left on the bike or you will get such a message. It is possible this unit has come unplugged or become defective.
Not sure how close you are to your installer but, that is the person that should trouble shoot this for you.
You can find help for trike concerns at this sight: http://www.lonestartrikes.proboards.com/

Muleskinner
Motorcycle: 2006 Goldwing Trike

Re: PRE-LOAD ADJUST ERROR MSG

Postby Muleskinner » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:43 pm

tfdeputydawg wrote:There is an attachment to the rear shock asm. that must be left on the bike or you will get such a message. It is possible this unit has come unplugged or become defective.
Not sure how close you are to your installer but, that is the person that should trouble shoot this for you.
You can find help for trike concerns at this sight: http://www.lonestartrikes.proboards.com/

Yep I called him and I need to take the trike back up there so he can re-hook up a unit to reset the code. That will keep the error message from popping up. Also, thanks for the new site. Great info to have.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”