Heel Toe Shifter

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
texas tracy
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800a and a 2001 Suzuki Intruder Volusia C50

Heel Toe Shifter

Postby texas tracy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:33 am

OK I understand. Sorry for the confusion on my part. Thanks for clarifying.

Since I have you on-line maybe you can give me some advice/recommendation on a totally new topic? On my other bike I replaced the OEM shifter with a heel-toe shift. Now I am back to the signal peg shift lever on the Goldwing. I like the heel-toe style. I have looked at a couple of brands, but I am not sure which would be the best. Does Honda sell a heel-toe shifter for the GL? I have read customer reviews on some of these aftermarket brands and people have strong pro/con feelings for that brand/style. Since I am new to the GL is there an aftermarket brand/style (heel-toe) preferred by the GL group?

TT

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Heel Toe Shifter

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:21 pm

I know for sure that Honda does not offer a heel toe shifter. I have a Markland heel toe shifter on my 1100, but I'm pretty sure Markland doesn't exist anymore.

I don't know what brands are of good quality - but what I do know that pretty well everything Cyclemax carries is of good quality - and they have several:

Cyclemax - GL1800 Heel Toe Shifters

If you are unsure, contact them, and Gary (the owner) will be more than happy to help you out - he's very friendly.

gareva1
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Prem Audio

Re: Heel Toe Shifter

Postby gareva1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Just a heads up, honda doesn't sell a heel toe shifter because they are totally against using one on this bike...apparently there have been transmission issues linked to the use of heel toe shifters, and honda is trying to take a stand on the issue. I would say look for one you like, but if you have issues with the tranny...remove the shifter before you take it in for work if its under warranty.

When I bought my bike, the seller had just put one on shortly before he sold it...I promptly removed it, because I didnt like the feel of it, I later found out about honda's gripe with them. I have a shifter in my closet I'll sell you...PM me if you're interested.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”