Suspension Problem

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
finn planck
Motorcycle: 2002 GW 1800

Suspension Problem

Postby finn planck » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:58 am

I just purchased a GW 1800 - Volume 2002nd After many years of driving at GW in 1500, I think the suspension was somewhat better than it is at GW 1800th It is as if shock absorbers are plunging when I drive over bumps. Is there any. something wrong with my GW

Regards Finn Planck, Denmark

Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Prem Audio

Re: Suspension Problem

Postby gareva1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:48 pm

The suspension on the gl1800 is too weak for many aggressive riders; both Traxxion Dynamics and RaceTech make suspension upgrades for the wing; you can also get progressive springs for the forks...traxxion makes a replacement rear shock and spring assembly for the rear; what setting do you have your rear shock set at? Another mod done by traxxion is replacement of the rubber hose in the rear preload actuator with a braided steel one that won't expand, and making sure that the fluid in the actuator is topped of (many come from the factory less than full, which causes the preload to do nothing until usually 4-7)...

Traxxion is expensive for their "full monty" package (I think around $2600 if you take it to them); racetech is cheaper, but many say not as good; either are an improvement over stock.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”