Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1849
- Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am
- Location: Plano, TX
- Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500
Just to check the obvious, you are in neutral when you try engaging reverse? The neutral light is on before you hit the reverse button and your engine is idling? I apologise if you already know this but wanted to check first.
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 1:13 pm
- Location: Prestonsburg, KY; Edgewater FL
- Motorcycle: '08, '13 GL1800
Rear-Yoko Avid Envigor 195x55x16
Thrasherg gives you good advice. Sometimes it amazing what you forget becasue of being something you don't use very often. If that is not the problem then you might need to take some of the slack out of the cable. If memory serves it is on the right side of the bike under the engine side cover. To take the slack out you loosen the set screw then loosen the bolt and tighten the set screw back down on it. May be some other problem though if the light is not coming on.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: themainviking and 1 guest